Build your own comic.

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Build your own comic.

Post by Greg Stephens »

Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Matthias
Forum Member

Post by Matthias »

I've always liked http://www.stripcreator.com to pass the time

Mine are at http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php?author=Matthias but I'm no good at jokey strips as I have no sense of humour
Go bye bye.
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

Re: Build your own comic.

Post by Max Leibman »

Greg Stephens wrote:An interesting toy.
That was . . . silly.

I've often wondered if there would be a market for a ready-made comic-making program; y'know, several CDs containing hundreds of basic characters archetypes in hundreds of poses, with features to customize them with clothing, accessories, deformities, etc., many backgrounds, good software for importing images or sharing templates with a paint program, options to alter style and lighting and other ambient effects, easy formatting for balloons and text and page/strip layouts. I love to draw, but I could have a lot of fun with a full-on, commercial comic strip maker, for the simple reason that I could put out strips with such a toy as quickly as I could think them up, instead of spending several hours per strip doing it all by hand from memory and reference.
Peace out,

Max Leibman

Desiderata - Go. Read. Critique.
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

The question is...

Do you want to spend 5 hours searhing for a lamp-post or a particular hand drawn in a particular way, only to spare yourself getting those 20-odd lines on paper yourself? :D LOL

(ok, I'll admit it beats not being able to draw yourself :wink: )

actually, something like that with simplified figures could come in handy to a writer! (easier to explain where he wants which character and so on, without being able to draw one zit!)
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

Post by Max Leibman »

Obviously, it would need to be quickly and easily key-word searchable for specific objects, and mixing and matching the various elements, options and styles for each types of object would have to be fluid and intuitive -- I'm thinking that finding the perfect lamppost from the archive would take a few seconds, a minute at most, especially for a practiced user.

And, as you say, for those not able to draw, any other option (time-consuming or not) would be a blessing.
Peace out,

Max Leibman

Desiderata - Go. Read. Critique.
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

There IS a market for these things though, you're right! :D

While discussing this with a friend, he (the friend i'm talking about) told me about Raw Meat http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/meatlocker/

worth a look! (and mainly online, even if there are now print versions available) :D :D :D
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict