so... how was APE?!

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

Post by catgarza »

i'm just dying to know
NatGertler
Regular Poster

Post by NatGertler »

Oh, it was great! Plenty of drink and friendly women, and we each got to take home a free Titanium iBook loaded with graphics software! You shoulda been there...

Okay, I'm kidding. A fine time was had, though. The weather was nice for once!
jturner
Regular Poster

Post by jturner »

APE was good. It was nice to meet a bunch of the people whose comics I've been enjoying online (including Scott - his kids were incredibly cute). And it is always nice to be in a place where almost EVERYONE does comics! I went to a party at this gallery where comic art was on display and you just felt like if you stuck your arm out you'd hit a cartoonist - what a great feeling! And a great party.

The online comics panel was definitely the most entertaining one I went to. Maybe it is just my personal interest in the subject speaking?

Overall I had a great time, loved San Fran, and danced myself crazy on Sunday night. And it left me feeling like I have to draw much more!

Jason Turner
<A HREF = "http://www.strongmanpress.com"> strongmanpress.com</A>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jturner on 2002-02-21 01:57 ]</font>
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

Post by catgarza »

yeah, i've been keeping up with everyone's posts on various message boards and seen some pics of the event. damn. i really need to try to go next year. that's cool. i've got my eyes set on SANDY EGGO 2002! and i'll have lots of free comics goodies for everyone! should be great. we're trying to figure out if we should get a table for moderntales.com (i say we should). we'll see. i might just do what i did last year and steal someone's table and sit next to rick geary again!! his wife and her friend made some killer ice coffee that i still dream about. DEE-licious!

cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo