Step toward the infinite canvas?

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

Step toward the infinite canvas?

Post by Tim Mallos »

Imagine a comic instead of a pretty lady or Volkswagon.
http://www.zoomify.com/

Tim
ragtag
Consistant Poster

Post by ragtag »

It seems quite nice, although a little expensive for a tool that only does one little thing. If you were to stuff a big comic in there, say 100-200 full colour panels, I wonder how well it would handle it. Also one thing I'm a little skeptical too, is that when you zoom in, it downloads only the little portion of the image you're seeing. So if you were to navigate a comics on it with a slow connection, you might have to wait every single time you move to the next panel for it to download (I'm on a fast connection, and there it took like a second or two). If I were on a slow connection, I would prefer to just have the entire thing download first, so I could read it later without interruption.

All that said, what I do like about it is that you can view the entire thing (comic) at a distance, sort of like you would flip through a comic to see if it's something you want to read.

Ragnar
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

it's a start

Post by catgarza »

it's a wonderful new toy, but a little clunky. at least they're on the right track! can't wait to see more technological breakthroughs like this (but with better quality/faster download/etc.). it'll come in time. this is nice, though.
cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo
Merlin
Frequent Poster

Zoo, zoom, zoom.

Post by Merlin »

Are there any zooming comics out there already? I know Scott originally proposed the idea a while ago, but I don't remember having seen any finished examples from anyone yet.

My own attempt at a zoomer, Doodleflak, is almost done. It started out as a follow on to Sixgun, but has become something altogether different. Hopefully I'll be able to show it off early next week (providing I can come up with the elusive four-panel gag it needs to finish everything off).
New Experiments In Fiction

www.E-merl.com
Merlin
Frequent Poster

ZOOM!

Post by Merlin »

rcar
Consistant Poster

Post by rcar »

Now that's way cool!
Randy Carboni
www.mermbut.com
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

Very cool!

Post by Tim Mallos »

Merlin, too cool.
I kept wanting the "top" strip of a branch to be the main arm, and the main arm to be the "top" strip. All in all, very cool, AND funny content to boot!

Tim