looking to contact comic book artist (School Project)

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

looking to contact comic book artist (School Project)

Post by Guest »

Hi, my name is Sean. I have come to this forum asking for your help. You see I have been desperately trying to find an outside expert for a school project that I am doing (one that decides whether I graduate or not) and I have yet to find one. For my project I have to study the primary components of a comic book and then eventually create my own comic book. So I was wondering if anyone here would mind being an outside expert for me. All you have to do is answer a few e-mails (maybe 1 or 2 emails once a week) and look at some of the working I am doing and give me pointers. This whole thing will last until April 2003. So if anyone would be kind enough to give me a hand and be my outside expert or tell me were I can find a person that can help me, then I would be very great full.
Thanks
-Sean
gazorenzoku
Reinvents understanding

Re: looking to contact comic book artist (School Project)

Post by gazorenzoku »

what are the requirements to be an "expert"?
Vince Coleman
<A HREF = "http://www.vince-coleman.com" target=_blank> www.vince-coleman.com
comics and stuff...</A>
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

Does one have to be a pro, an online comic book artist, will amateur comic artist do?

I'm sure there are many guys and gals here on zwol.org who wouldn't mind helping.

8)
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

I would not say I am a comics professional due to the fact that I never have been paid to do the work I do. I have however published my comic strip online, self-published an anthology of various comic book artists for the Motor City Comic Con (although the artists failed to complete the national distributed comic), founded the art circle/student organization "Studio Otaku" at University of Michigan, as well as teaching a breif class on sequential arts at Community High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I could be a very willing editor/advisor if one is needed, although I am sure in one way or another most of the people on this forum is. I could also give you the e-mails to several industry professionals who actualy do this for a living (while I do it for a hobby).

Post by Guest »

wow sorry for not posting back, but the holiday season was kind of hectic. If some one here could be my Outside "Expert" (I put Expert in quotations because it does seem a bit vague) Then I would be extremely greatful. I think I just need someone who has a large knowledge about comic books and the development of a comic book.

So I guess many people here would do perfectly fine. So if anyone here has the time, then you can e-mail me at Aliensbio@aol.com
Thanks
losttoy
Understands reinventing

idea

Post by losttoy »

an idea ... does it have to be an (as in singular) expert? How about a team of people who's collective knowlegde is vast. Why don't you send what you have to send to all of the people who egarly replied to this message or post "homework" here so we can give our "expert advice"? My e-mail is dalosttoy@yahoo.com if you want it.

Post by Guest »

Oh yeah it doesn't need to be just one person. I can have as many as I need. So any help is appreciated. I just need to know what you guys have worked on, or what are your experiences in the comic or comic book business/ profession.
gazorenzoku
Reinvents understanding

Post by gazorenzoku »

ok, now that I hear that it can be more than one person, I would love to help out. I think I have a lot of info/advice to offer, but since I have not yet been published professionally, I would hate to be the sole source.

I'll e-mail you soon, but if you want to contact me first just click on the e-mail link on this message.

Vince
Vince Coleman
<A HREF = "http://www.vince-coleman.com" target=_blank> www.vince-coleman.com
comics and stuff...</A>