It's About Girls chpt 7

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

William G
Reinvents understanding

It's About Girls chpt 7

Post by William G »

Yeah!

If I keep up this blistering updating pace, I may have this comic done by the year 2006.

Click on the cute kid in my sig and read away. And then click the feedback link. I love feedback.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Another chapter well done. I look forward to the next. Do you know how many chapters you'll have in all? Are you even that far in the script yet?
Amerigo
Regular Poster

Post by Amerigo »

Do you do all of the work yourself(art writing etc.)?
"One should not wish for the removal of mountains of adversity, but for the courage to climb them."
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Amerigo: I'm a one man show. So all of the blame falls squarely on my shoulders. :wink:

EFM: The over-all story line has been plotted out. The "boy meets girl" part of the story sees all of the chapters (15) with detailed plots, but I save the scripting/ thumbs for when I'm actually tackling the chapter.

I do this because I tend to change my mind about each chapter and what happens in them fairly often. Mostly due to me trying like hell to avoid "Meg Ryan Movie Syndrome". The current chapter was supposed to be about one of the characters' live-cam website netting a million bucks, but it came across like a Friend's plot, so I scrapped it and went with what you saw. Which is was chapter 8 in my original plan.

Basically, it takes me a while to write each one because I want to get it right. It has to seem "real" to me. And that's more important to me than a regular updating schedule. But only time will tell me if this is the right approach to take or not.
zerofoks
Frequent Poster

Post by zerofoks »

I like. Lotsa nicely placed weights between those swift lines.
<a href="http://www.radicalartistfoundation.de/zero.htm" target=_blank">zerofoks @ the Radical Artist Foundation</a>
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Appreciate it. I view myself as the webcomics version of Ozzy. Able to do the most with my limited talents, but rocking hard none the less.

Of course, I'm a bit more understandable when I speak...
Veleno
Frequent Poster

Post by Veleno »

Read the comic, enjoyed it, and am looking foward to the next installment.
;-D

Nice job.
"The way to a man's heart is through his ribcage"
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

Post by kaos_de_moria »

William Beckerson wrote:Appreciate it. I view myself as the webcomics version of Ozzy. Able to do the most with my limited talents, but rocking hard none the less.
when i read that first sentence i thaught you always eat a bat before you start drawing... ok bad joke!

but i still imagine a ozzy kind of drawing style as more aggressive. more lines, more sketchy. maybe a bit like the manga part of 'kill bill vol. 1'

kaos
troybuddha
Frequent Poster

Post by troybuddha »

I love this comic, the art is great the story is interesting and timing is perfect great job!

Keith
<a href="http://www.karmicdebt.net">Comics!!</a>

ps thanks for the comment about <a href="http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1082">half baked ideas</a>
Keith
<a href="http://www.karmicdebt.net">Comics!!</a>
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Thanks guys. When I get the next chapter done, I'll let you know.

I was thinking of adding a gay robot butler...
Veleno
Frequent Poster

Post by Veleno »

William Beckerson wrote: I was thinking of adding a gay robot butler...
C3P0?
"The way to a man's heart is through his ribcage"