Yet another new website for your perusal: keaner.net

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

Keaner
Forum Member

Yet another new website for your perusal: keaner.net

Post by Keaner »

I always feel uncomfortable about doing this, so let's keep this short and quick, eh?

http://keaner.net/

A bunch of comic shorts, with a variety of different art styles. The site's been up awhile, but I didn't really want to push it until I'd built up a half-decent body of work. Merman's the latest comic I've started, and the plan was to have two or three updates a week, but it's been updated daily since I've started it...

So whaddya think? Any feedback, hate mail, etc. always welcome.

Cheers,
Kean
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I checked your site out yesterday (after seeing your jam contribution) and you've got some good stuff there. Very nice work- I did particularly like "Merman."
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

First of all, I know what it is like to just be starting and craving any reply to your work. "What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? Is anybody reading this? Does it matter? etc." New artists are critique starved. I have been doing this for four months and I still hope for feedback. There have been some really nice people who have given me constructive critizum which have really helped. I hope in return that you will appresiate my comments. Remember, 20% of your job is done ... you've started. The other 80% is making sure you keep doing it. No matter what I or anybody else says, congratulations in entering the world of web comics and keep up the good work!

With that said, I love your comic Merman. Your story telling is good. Pacing is right on. Your use of the "infinate canvas" was well done. Your line work is nice, but there were some images where you used hatching which as you probably know doesn't show up well online. Watch out for anti-aliasing (is that the right term?) where you have a white line between the line work and the color. Overall it is a great comic and a want to see more!

As for Night Shift, there is kind of some problems with line weight and the forementioned hatching. Before in Merman the hatching was minimal enough, but this time it seems to be getting in the way a bit. (Not that I can talk. My line work sucks.) Also, the first five panels' line work are inconsitant with the rest of the comic. There does not seem to be an end yet ... are you adding to this? I wonder how long the plot line for this story is ... it looks like it could be a long ongoing story. The character development is pretty good so far, although it leaves me waiting to see what happens next. All stories need some kind of conflict to move it along ... so what happens next? This the kind of quality that one finds in an alternative press comic and wonder with your line work would it show better printed as the story fits in very well with the alternative press genre.

Right now I am reading the rest of your comics and your sketch book. You have some really good abilities here. Stylistic like your 30 Minutes, or realistic like your Into the Void sketch ... it's all great illustration. Keep up the good work!
Wikkit
Consistant Poster

Post by Wikkit »

Very cool stuff. I'll be adding it to my short list of sites I check every day.

I'm reading through 30 Minutes right now.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

Post by japanimationfist »

I've been perusing the site off an on for the last week. There's some great material there, and some good ideas as well. I've already started re-examining my site to see what I can lift without looking like I'm lifting.

Maybe you can join our weekly one hour comic group!
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
Keaner
Forum Member

Post by Keaner »

I've already started re-examining my site to see what I can lift without looking like I'm lifting.
Geez, I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or concerned... Though I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.

I've been lurking around on this board, and though the idea of a one hour comic sounds really appealing (I can't believe the quality of some of the 1hr. comics), I just don't have the time! Between juggling work, school, and the current comic (Merman), there's just not enough time in a day, even without sleep.