new, improved dunktank makes a splash!

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

new, improved dunktank makes a splash!

Post by japanimationfist »

I haven't finished all the tweaking I would like to do, but it's up and running, along with the first installment of my new comic, Queen of Quark (which will get funny like a snow ball rolling down hill).

Check it out HERE!
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

Cool stuff (as I already told you)! This looks like a great site to link to.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

Thanks. I'm hoping to expand it a little more, once my brother starts coughing up his share of comics, and I get a free weekend to tinker.

I need to constuct a links page on it at some point soon, but I think I may be better doing that in my own section, rather than messing with main page.

Right now you can reach my section by clicking on my mug at the bottom of the page. That takes you to my "blog", where I have been recording my progress, and observations. Not exactly page-turning, but if anyone's interested, it's there to be read.
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

When is the next Hougan? Any projection on Mine? One sugestion for the dunktank index is to add a small line of text after each link to comic saying last updated 00/00/00.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

Very good idea! I had been thinking of something along those lines ("updated weekly", or something like that).

I have four new pages for the Hougan done, and waiting on my computer, but only three or four to go to finish, so I have been holding off on posting anything. I should be able to get to it tonight and Friday, meaning that the first story would be done and up before the end of the weekend!

I'm also working on my contribution to fright night, the latest Altbrand event, and hope to havethat in for next weekend. Right now I am actually devoting about three quarters of an hour every morning to getting stuff done (what used to be my journaling time - I am a great believer in getting things down before the day gets going). I miss writing, but this is creative too, and it's allowed me to keep up with several simultaneous projects.

Ideally, once Fright Night is over, I will be able to start work on the next Zombilly story (Green eggs and Brains). I won't kill myself doing it though, because I would really like to get something together to submit to shades of december for their January issue. I have an idea, and I figure that if I set myself the goal of getting three frames done a week, I should be able to have it ready for the end of November. We'll see.

* I've been wondering if there is anything else I could do with Dunktank besides post comics. My fiancee did an online journalism project last Spring about webcomics, and she interviewed people like Derek Kirk and Scott McCloud for it (there's a link to it in my friends of the fist section). She's been talking about picking it up again, and turning it into a quarterly webcomic magazine, with interviews and articles. I wonder if that would be something I could host on dunktank, or whether it would conflict with the comics that are already there?
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

I don't see how it would be a conflict, but instead a added feature. Sounds cool and I would like to read it.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

I just thought I would mention that I've done a bit of a re-design on the site, and I am gearing up to move my efforts from my Keen comic, to some of the other stuff I have been putting a hold on at Dunktank. There should be lots on its way soon :)