But no one ever mentioned the walrus

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yeah, the walrus knows everything. Except how to get noticed.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

Anonymous wrote:Stuart is obviously gay. Susan doesn't know it. Stuart probably doesn't know it. The walrus knows all.
And now we must ask...is the walrus gay?
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

Stuart is gay and/or a eunic and/or socially retarded and/or denying any attraction to little Susie, because he thinks, in his deluded imagination, that he can get himself a Penthouse Pet.

If only the latter two conditionals are true, then Susan, who is obviously the shy type, should wait for the next office party, get good and liquored up (and hope Stuart does as well), come up to him, squeeze his behind and tell him, "I got your fish dinner right here, mister.".

Hey, don't laugh, that's how an ex-girlfriend of mine picked me up (sort of).

Doc Pettibone is an obvious smoldering queer.

Cathy and Stephen already have made reservations for an evening at the Comack Motor Inn.

Mr. D see's a dominatrix twice a week, and calls her "Mommy!"

The unseen Bernice is married, with three chideren, and a couple of grandkids. She hasn't given her poor husband sex since Golden Girls got cancelled.

I ain't even gonna touch what's going on with Gus.

The walrus is a metaphoric Angel (a low ranking one) of the Lord, and thus is not prone to sexual proclivities.
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Josiah Rowe
Regular Poster

Post by Josiah Rowe »

The Commack Motor Inn... oh, my!

And what is that that Gus is holding? It looks like a frightened, pink, pencil-necked stuffed dog. What do they do in this office?
Haze
Regular Poster

Post by Haze »

No one tells INTERESTING SUSAN what to do!
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

Aww, semi-anime sweat drop!

At least the walrus is giving Stuart a "What the hell's wrong with you, boy?" look.
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

Rip Tanion wrote:Cathy and Stephen already have made reservations for an evening at the Comack Motor Inn.
Wow. I didn't know the Comack Motor Inn was world famous. I actually grew up not far from there.

"Our rooms are available for short stays OR overnight at a variety of affordable rates."

Short stays OR overnight -- yes, folks, the Comack Motor Inn is well-known for its hourly rates.
Random Dent
Forum Member

Post by Random Dent »

Completly random theory:

Both Bernice and Susan have called Stuart "Bucko". An allusion to the Pirate theme? Or!...

As every one knows, walruses have ludicrously oversized tusks which equals buck teeth. Hence, you would tend to call a walrus "Bucko", if you'd rather not to resort to such cliches as "Walter" or "Wally". Perhaps Stuart has wal-resh origins?
"One can not be a good dicator and design women's underclothings."
-Jeeves, The Code of the Woosters
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

Post by Christopher Lundgren »

What is up with that animated GIF on the Comack Motor Inn website?

Some lady in a bikini doing a little shimmy up and down? How does that help promote their motel?? :roll:

Hilarious, in any case.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

Alexander D. wrote:
Rip Tanion wrote:Cathy and Stephen already have made reservations for an evening at the Comack Motor Inn.
Wow. I didn't know the Comack Motor Inn was world famous. I actually grew up not far from there.
I don't know if it's world famous, but anyone who grew up in ear shot of NYC radio or TV, is probably familiar with the cheesy ads they've ran for years, at odd hours.

Actually, I haven't seen one of their adds in a while. I'm trying to remember...was it Comack that showed the couple in the giant, heart shaped, bubble-filled Love Tub?

As for Susan, I can't stands to sees a women cry.
Last edited by Rip Tanion on Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
gareis

Post by gareis »

DecafSilicon wrote:At least the walrus is giving Stuart a "What the hell's wrong with you, boy?" look.
How can you tell? His face isn't that expressive--that, or he just hasn't had cause to look emotional.

Who thinks Susan will suddenly explode and shout at Stuart, revealing him her feelings?
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

Rip Tanion wrote:Actually, I haven't seen one of their adds in a while. I'm trying to remember...was it Comack that showed the couple in the giant, heart shaped, bubble-filled Love Tub?
I don't recall the ads, honestly. But the Theme Rooms page does reveal a heart-shaped Love Tub, so yeah, that's gotta be them.

Also -- make sure you visit their page with sound on. They've got the most honest theme music ever.

As for the walrus -- I think he's just sad that Stuart isn't ordering fish after all. I'll bet he thinks Susan got what she deserved, after she so thoughtlessly deprived him of lunch.
IronSpike
Regular Poster

Post by IronSpike »

gareis wrote: How can you tell? His face isn't that expressive--that, or he just hasn't had cause to look emotional.
Wishful thinking, maybe?

Betcha Stuart still lives at home with mom and has a curfew.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

IronSpike wrote:Betcha Stuart still lives at home with mom and has a curfew.
And Susan probably lives in an all-female boarding house, where no men are allowed upstairs. Which means, even if Stuart does come around to seeing Susie as an "object of romance", they're still gonna have to find some place to "do it." Well, we're back to the Comack Motor Inn.

ART CARNEY 1918-2003
IronSpike
Regular Poster

Post by IronSpike »

Rip Tanion wrote:And Susan probably lives in an all-female boarding house, where no men are allowed upstairs. Which means, even if Stuart does come around to seeing Susie as an "object of romance", they're still gonna have to find some place to "do it."

Haw. Susie probably considers kissing open-mouthed "going all the way."

Can't you just picture the two of 'em, snogging in the back row of a theater at a late afternoon showing of "Finding Nemo?" priceless.
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

Post by Christopher Lundgren »

8) Seems like they could be the subject of their own spin-off series.
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

Christopher Lundgren wrote:8) Seems like they could be the subject of their own spin-off series.
Yeah I have to say I like the characters in this comic. Even though nothing much has happened, the personalities are very entertaining.

On a different note, can anyone read the title on that magazine, and on a slightly divergent note, how dooes one spell "magazine"?
wansley
Frequent Poster

A new record holder!

Post by wansley »

Woohoo!

"But No One Ever Noticed the Walrus" is now the longest Morning Improv discussion thread both in number of pages and number of replies.

But how could it not be now that Scott has added monkeys to the mix!
William Ansley
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

Kris Lachowski wrote:On a different note, can anyone read the title on that magazine, and on a slightly divergent note, how dooes one spell "magazine"?
After much squinting I'm quessing it's GAMES magazine. Do I get a ZWOL No-Prize? (I'm still waitiimg for my last one) Scott, I'm sending you the bill for my next trip to the eye doctor.

As for Susie, I once dated a girl sort of like her (a little better looking, though), and she wasn't nearly as innocent as I thought she'd be. I'll bet there's a smoldering sex-pot underneath those specs, freckles and tied back her. The moment she got Stuart alone, Sue would pull him down for some hot, MONKEY love.

Post by Guest »

Just as Mr. D materialized that paper into his hand; where did the magizine come from?

I bet someone sits on the hat.
Aquilo

magazine

Post by Aquilo »

Well, it's been 40 minutes since someone talked. I'm sure he could have pound a magazine in that time.
IronSpike
Regular Poster

Post by IronSpike »

Christopher Lundgren wrote:8) Seems like they could be the subject of their own spin-off series.
I'd read it!

"It's time for: Stuart and Susan! This chapter: Stuart gives his mother a backrub, making him two horus late for his date with Susan at LEGOland!"

Post by Guest »

I'd read it too. There's too many characters that dont have enough character these days. The un-confidant nerdy side of people isn't a side normaly seen.
Altho, id read almost anything if it had Lego TM in it.
Are we going to start a petition to get scott to make this one of his next projects?
MSUSpar10
Regular Poster

Re: A new record holder!

Post by MSUSpar10 »

wansley wrote:
But how could it not be now that Scott has added monkeys to the mix!
I think Gus is holding a mutant deformed monkey.
"I'm here to do some card tricks and fall way short on the yardstick of your love."