Illustrator Sought: Comic Strip Seeks the Write Artist!!!!!

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

TravtheUnrav
Forum Member

Illustrator Sought: Comic Strip Seeks the Write Artist!!!!!

Post by TravtheUnrav »

DO YOU HAVE A DEFT HAND? A QUICK WIT? A SENSE OF THE WRYLY ABSURD NATURE OF LIFE? AN EYE FOR VISUAL OUTRAGEOUSNESS AND DEPICTING WHAT'S FUNNY, FUN, AND INSANE?????? A DRAWING STYLE AND SPIRIT THAT CALL OUT TO BE HEARD????????
(Awright, that's enuff, settle down.)

Hot new comic strip project is looking for a creative artist to render it and bring it to life. Local writer has come up with the concept, characters, content, and 170+ complete cell prototype mock-ups that need the touch of a real artist fluent in pen-and-ink line drawing. Nothing fancy. Very basic, primitive, stick-figure type of drawing needed for this funny, satirical, goofy, silly, socially relevant cross (content-wise) between Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side, Doonesbury, and other irreverent sociological masterpieces. (Occasionally a more complex style will be needed.) Byline will be equally shared and pay will be split 70/30 upon publication, 60/40 (an extra 10%) if the artist markets the strip.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure you read this entire post, not just skim it. MUST BE A NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER WITH GREAT ENGLISH MASTERY AND ENGLISH AS YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE. THE STRIP CAPTIONS ARE TEXT-HEAVY AND CONTAIN MANY ELABORATE WORDS AND GRAMMATICAL WORDPLAYS. Also, if you voted for Trump or have any sympathies toward him or the Republican Party whatsoever, don't bother. We won't get along and it'll just cause conflict, animosity, and dissolution down the road. I'm saving us both a lot of grief and hassle.

Other strips are also planned in the works. So if you can multi-task and work on 2-3 at a time, you'll be given the same byline and percentage on each one upon publication. (If not, that's okay. I can work with 2-3 artists.) Must be 21 or over, NO DRUGS/BOOZE/COFFEE/SMOKING, easy to get along with, calm, centered, level-headed, preferably female (guys are such a pain in the ass--if you're male, you have to be free of drama, ego, alpha disposition, and the testosteronic tendency to fight), responsive, accessible (Do you take 6 weeks to return emails, phone calls, and texts??? Are you good at making excuses?), responsible, reliable, dependable, and--most of all--fun, collaborative, and synergistic in terms of brainstorming, shared input, and constructive feedback.

ALSO IMPORTANT: MUST BE MENTALLY, EMOTIONALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND FINANCIALLY WELL AND STABLE. NO DESPERATE SITUATIONS LIVING OUT OF A MOTEL ROOM. THIS IS A COLLABORATIVE OPPORTUNITY, A WORKING PARTNERSHIP. YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TIME-WISE, RESPONSIBLE ACTION-WISE, AND RESPONSIVE COMMUNICATION-WISE TO PUT IN THE TIME AND ENERGY. BUT BECAUSE THE STYLE REQUIRED IS SO RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE (more sketch than drawing), IT WILL NOT TAKE YOU MUCH TIME AT ALL AND, THEREFORE, WILL NOT TAKE YOU AWAY FROM OTHER PURSUITS.

Send resume, website, and samples of artwork. This is a fun project that's going to launch and put the right person into the stratosphere with me. So let's have a BLAST AND BLAST OFF!!! :D :wink:
Stinty
Regular Poster

Post by Stinty »

Quick word from your friendly neighbourhood moderator:

Please don't post this in every thread in the forums - and especially don't post it multiple times in other peoples threads. Leave it in this post.

Thanks for your co-operation.
THE SPAMHAMMER!

Rambling Words:
www.travisstunt.com
TravtheUnrav
Forum Member

Moderator guidance

Post by TravtheUnrav »

Hi Spamhammer,

Got your guidance. Thank you. I'm new to the site, as you probably know, and haven't figured out how it all works yet. And this is the first artist site I've visited. Are there others you can recommend that are good? Wanted to clarify and ask about it:

I didn't post it in every thread in the forum, just on those posts of artists who meet my criteria. I figured that was the best way to invite them to reply rather than saying something like, "Please see my post" because then what if they can't find it? Is there a better way?

I also didn't intentionally post it multiple times within one artist's thread--once only per artist. If I slipped and accidentally posted it twice in an artist's thread, I didn't mean to. I was up working late and might've goofed. If so, I apologize.

Thanks,
Trav
Stinty
Regular Poster

Post by Stinty »

You can PM the artists you are interested in and they can reply if interested. I'm pretty sure most artists looking for paid work would browse most posts that pop up here to see if it is something they might be interested in.

You can also reply in-topic - just drop a link in the reply or advise/request the author to check out your post.

No issues with the posts, it was just a clean up. Usually when checking for spam, I look for members who post in numerous different threads at the same time. It get my internal spam alert going, so I check it out. Normally, I probably wouldn't even notice.
THE SPAMHAMMER!

Rambling Words:
www.travisstunt.com