Looking for both writers and artists for big project

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

SpNercaspanova
Forum Member

Looking for both writers and artists for big project

Post by SpNercaspanova »

Okay, I'm going to jump right in this, I have a few ideas for comics that I want to create. I do a little writing and I also draw, however, I am only one man and I've come to realize that I shine better in collaborations. It helps me brainstorm and I feel like it makes better projects. I'm an idea guy and my brain doesn't seem to stay on one thing long enough to effectively do it justice. I want to build something bigger than me and I want to help other people build something they can be proud of.

So here is my pitch. I want to create a studio of sorts using Patreon.com. If you aren't familiar with the site, essentially it is a site that helps artists and creators sell and distribute their arts. They take a small cut (I believe it is 5% of profits) and the artist takes the rest. A quick Google search can tell you more but know that it is a really great site. I'm looking for artists and writers to not only help create my ideas but to also see their ideas come to life. I want to do this big. I'm looking into marketing and other support and I have alot of ideas. I'll be honest and say I don't know step by step how to go about making this happen but I believe that if a group of like-minded people share a passion for something and work toward it, everything will work itself out.

My girlfriend is the money maker of my house and she supports me and my risky ventures because she believes in me and I don't want her to be wrong. Anyone interested can reply here or message more for more information. I'd love any input and ideas. Thank you for reading this nonetheless.
RallyL
Forum Member

Post by RallyL »

As a writer I'm certainly interested in hearing more. Please drop me a line at cjh83344@gmail.com.
pneillv
Forum Member

Peter Neill - comic artist

Post by pneillv »

Hello,

Your story sounds surprisingly similar to my own.

I graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) majoring in Sequential Art (comics). I currently work at home as a freelance artist attempting to gain some success. It's funny what you said about your girlfriend. I am in the same exact situation.

I have been looking for writers to collaborate on and would love to hear some more of your thoughts/ideas. Please feel free to contact me at pneill20@gmail.com. My portfolio website is peterneillart.com. The comics are from a few years back now and I have gained much more skill since then. I've just been looking for the right people to team up with.

I hope to hear from you, but if not I wish you good luck on your search.

Best regards,
-Peter
henrypardo
Consistant Poster

Re: Looking for both writers and artists for big project

Post by henrypardo »

email sent
SpNercaspanova wrote:Okay, I'm going to jump right in this, I have a few ideas for comics that I want to create. I do a little writing and I also draw, however, I am only one man and I've come to realize that I shine better in collaborations. It helps me brainstorm and I feel like it makes better projects. I'm an idea guy and my brain doesn't seem to stay on one thing long enough to effectively do it justice. I want to build something bigger than me and I want to help other people build something they can be proud of.

So here is my pitch. I want to create a studio of sorts using Patreon.com. If you aren't familiar with the site, essentially it is a site that helps artists and creators sell and distribute their arts. They take a small cut (I believe it is 5% of profits) and the artist takes the rest. A quick Google search can tell you more but know that it is a really great site. I'm looking for artists and writers to not only help create my ideas but to also see their ideas come to life. I want to do this big. I'm looking into marketing and other support and I have alot of ideas. I'll be honest and say I don't know step by step how to go about making this happen but I believe that if a group of like-minded people share a passion for something and work toward it, everything will work itself out.

My girlfriend is the money maker of my house and she supports me and my risky ventures because she believes in me and I don't want her to be wrong. Anyone interested can reply here or message more for more information. I'd love any input and ideas. Thank you for reading this nonetheless.
Mr Steve
Forum Member

Post by Mr Steve »

PM sent.
julienmissial
Forum Member

RE

Post by julienmissial »

Check me out at julienmissial.com!

Published work:
'Comics-Inspired A-d-u-l-t Coloring Book'
Niphredil
Forum Member

Post by Niphredil »

I'm a writer who would definitely be interested. PM me.
Dyanular
Forum Member

Comic Book Letterer

Post by Dyanular »

Hey there!

I'm a comic book letterer with a BFA in advertising & graphic design from one of the top art schools in the US.

I'd love to letter your comic! I am very communicative and easy to work with. I work quickly, but diligently.

Portfolio: http://dyanj.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Dyan
coletatge
Forum Member

interested

Post by coletatge »

I'm a writer, just about to graduate with a bachelor's in English and I'd love to find some collaboration projects. You can pm me or reach me at coletatge@gmail.com, I look forward to hearing from you!
LeedosComics
Forum Member

Interested

Post by LeedosComics »

I'm a writer as well. I'm about to graduate with a English-Graphic Narrative major so I'm definitely interested! cdgilchrist@westliberty.edu
Svengli
Forum Member

Post by Svengli »

Hi. I'm a speculative sci-fi writer who has a wagon load of ideas and pieces in progress. Most people on here seem to be from the US - I'm London based but very happy to work long distance. I work quickly and quite honestly like a lot of people on this thread I work better with other people to critique and offer insight. Please PM me with further details or email richd28@googlemail.com .
Penstrike
Forum Member

Penstrike Publishing - thats what we do

Post by Penstrike »

Everything you've explained that you want to do with Patreon, Penstrike does in our goal to help emerging artists (visual, literary etc). We feature undiscovered artists and writers while interviewing established names to bring focus on the underdogs and we've now opened our shop where projects from all mediums of art will be sold. We are putting together a collaborative graphic novel anthology that writers and artists can apply for, a few graphic novels in the works and other artistic projects.

We built a following first by helping artists and now that our following wants products we are putting them out. When people come for literary work, they are exposed to visual arts, graphic novels and emerging artists. We cross promote, market and provide a platform to drive an efficient sales pipeline. We're artists and writers and the mission was to solve the problems that we faced, for other creative minds that face the same.

We have a post on this forum about our current collaborative graphic novel and our <a href="http://www.penstrikepublishing.com">Penstrike Publishing</a> website.

I'll PM a few people on this thread that are looking for what we have to offer. Even our literary and arts magazine that we just put out features some sequential art.
Amrtank
Forum Member

Hi..

Post by Amrtank »

I won't go into a background story so no disrespect, but I am also an aspiring writer and your idea to collaborate is an awesome one. If given the chance I would love to be apart of something that is soon to be great.... anyone is invited to email me @ robzdollaz@gmail.Com thank you very much...
PatriciaLoupee
Reinvents understanding

Post by PatriciaLoupee »

Colorist/Inner here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/3507978 ... and-Colors

Im also an artist and writer, but Im focusing on just the first bits as for the moment.

Contact through: patricialoupee@gmail.com
Minime
Regular Poster

Post by Minime »

I am a writer interested. Anyone is free to email me at brunellkerry@gmail.com. Goodluck!
Minime
Regular Poster

Post by Minime »

I am a writer interested. Anyone is free to email me at brunellkerry@gmail.com. Goodluck!
cmulligan
Forum Member

Post by cmulligan »

I'm a new artist with a few ideas floating around. One I have already began writing. Your idea sounds interesting. Feel free to email me or pm.
cmulligan
Forum Member

Post by cmulligan »

I'm a new artist with a few ideas floating around. One I have already began writing. Your idea sounds interesting. Feel free to email me or pm.
Andrew_east
Forum Member

Post by Andrew_east »

Hey!

I'm interested in participating, I'm an aspiring writer really looking forward to be a part of your project

Here's my e-mail: andres.aquino1910@gmail.com