hows my drawing???

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

hows my drawing???

Post by RobertErdody »

RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

this forum is garbage

Post by RobertErdody »

nobody wants to look at my stuff
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

Post by RobertErdody »

Ofblackheart
Forum Member

Post by Ofblackheart »

Are you looking for real advice or just trolling?
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Looking

Post by Ruyei »

It's an...interesting style. I'm not big on the dream like sheen you have though, as I don't feel that it's fully realized. The colors look dumpy and blurred, and although the designs of the characters look nice their expressions and body language seem artificial like that of an average doll.

I can sorta see where you're going here, anyone who draws with obvious dream-like imagry in mind obvious has a vision, a style that could wow the world, but you need to keep studying! I think for one if you study figure drawing for proper more natural forms and if you give your work a more shiny airbrushed style to make the dreamlike stuff obvious it could help.

Also, try talking? Introduce yourself, talk about your work...simply posting links to your work is not going to endear you to us. I've seen other posts where you simply state one line...it's not something you usually see around this community as its something more-so found in other, more off-color forums. Here, try to start a conversation naturally, and a conversation will come to you.

Best,
Ruyei
marvelzukas
Regular Poster

Post by marvelzukas »

Not too good, you need to work on every aspect of art.
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

Post by RobertErdody »

come on tell me what you really think
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

marvelzukas wrote:Not too good, you need to work on every aspect of art.
I think exactly the same, work hard on anatomy before moving on digital, it should take a good year of study before getting really really good at it, maybe less, depends on how much work you put into it.
drawing is more a good observation skill than actually your hand moving.
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

aw hell

Post by RobertErdody »

noonecomics wrote: I think exactly the same, work hard on anatomy before moving on digital, it should take a good year of study before getting really really good at it, maybe less, depends on how much work you put into it.
drawing is more a good observation skill than actually your hand moving.
Is this Adrian9 on deviant art
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: aw hell

Post by noonecomics »

RobertErdody wrote:
Is this Adrian9 on deviant art
yes sir
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

hey yo adrian

Post by RobertErdody »

I mean maybe you're doing your job but why you gotta stop me from doing mine? Cause if you're willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who's got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!... You know, the older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that's life. The only thing I'm asking you guys to leave on the table... is what's right.
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: hey yo adrian

Post by noonecomics »

RobertErdody wrote:I mean maybe you're doing your job but why you gotta stop me from doing mine? Cause if you're willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who's got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!... You know, the older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that's life. The only thing I'm asking you guys to leave on the table... is what's right.
this is the reason why I try to avoid giving comments on others work, is a never win situation.

people take time to look at your work and reply to your post with honest opinion and then this..

nobody is stopping you or telling you to quit or anything like that.
noonecomics wrote:work hard on anatomy before moving on digital, it should take a good year of study before getting really really good at it, maybe less, depends on how much work you put into it.
i dont think work hard means quit...it means keep drawing, keep practicing, keep going, and also be honest with yourself, is your work on par with what you see in any professional published comics? I know mine its not...yet! but im certainly closer that I was years ago when I started doing this for free
it was a good year or so before I dared to charge anyone for drawing their stuff.

and also, if you ask for a opinion on hows your drawing you better be prepared for the worst, in my experience,this was very polite, in any case whatever feedback you recieve remember, you asked for it.
Ofblackheart
Forum Member

Post by Ofblackheart »

I'll be honest. That response made little to no sense to me.
ShinyAlbatross
Forum Member

Re: hey yo adrian

Post by ShinyAlbatross »

RobertErdody wrote:I mean maybe you're doing your job but why you gotta stop me from doing mine? Cause if you're willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who's got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!... You know, the older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that's life. The only thing I'm asking you guys to leave on the table... is what's right.
Just gonna shoot straight with you here, if this is your response to MILD criticism, just...good luck. A bit harsh, but them's the facts.

Nobody's stopping you from doing anything. You're free to make whatever you want, and we're free to like/dislike it. But this is a forum for professionals/aspiring professionals and as such, those are the standards by which you shall be judged.

You need anatomical practice, better color/shading and overall a LOT more polish. That's NOWHERE NEAR the end of the world, and if you keep at it your work will eventually get much better. But telling you otherwise will NOT help you and NOT get your comics on store shelves eventually.

The only reason I'm an actual writer right now is because I listened to criticism on my early work and threw out anything people didn't like. Eventually I was able to write the kind of stories I wanted to with very little editorial changes after I figured out what it was people actually LIKED about my work and how to express it in a way that worked for both an audience and myself.

Noonecomics is 100% right. Listen, learn and you'll maybe go places.
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

dude

Post by RobertErdody »

I go through these forums and can barely get a click until I stir things up a bit and truthfully Adrian9 has plenty of work to do on his own anatomy but the sad part is people cant just post a Rocky quote with out people get all bent outta shape
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

while were at it

Post by RobertErdody »

what would be a more productive way to critique art on here and why is it so hard to post a picture on here Ive only seen a couple posts where anyone could do it
zuperkrypto
Consistant Poster

Post by zuperkrypto »

Dude, read and keep in mind what all of the people that replied to you have written. When you go on a public forum and ask for crit, you better be wearing your rhino armor. You can't ask for crit and then get mad when someone says something you don't like.
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

heres some more stuff for yall

Post by RobertErdody »

Cable and Wolverine plus an all pencils poster of my books cover
http://robertleeerdody.deviantart.com/
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

welcome to cosco

Post by RobertErdody »

I love you
RobertErdody