Artist seeking writers

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jay Penn
Forum Member

Artist seeking writers

Post by Jay Penn »

Hi there, my name is Jay Penn and I'm an aspiring comic artist/illustrator/concept artist.
I'm currently looking for projects to work on to move into the industries I like, but I really need to get some work under my belt.
I'm happy to work for free and can work in a range of styles and even create a new style for any specific project if required.
I can work in most media, but am best versed in comic art, so I can pencil, ink and colour, with some watercolour knowledge.
My main artistic strengths are in the superhero genre, be it straight stuff or a little bit more quirky, I also enjoy the fantasy stuff too.

So if you have a project and require an artist that is going to work with you and try his best to give you exactly what you want, drop me a line and we can see where it goes.

giantkillerjay@yahoo.com.au

You can check out some of my stuff here-
http://theartofjaypenn.blogspot.com/
http://mightythecomic.blogspot.com/
Jay Penn
Forum Member

Post by Jay Penn »

Thanks to the guys that expressed an interest, look forward to working with you on your projects. For any other interested parties, let me know what you have in mind and I'll see if I can fit it in to my suddenly, happily, busy schedule.
Jay Penn
Forum Member

Post by Jay Penn »

Still more thanks to everybody who has contacted me! I've got a pretty full plate now, but I can probably squeeze one more project in. I'm basically leaving a bit of time for a project that is more superhero based, something that isn't too dark, yet has enough meat to bite into. If you have something in mind that fits that bill, let me know and we might be able to work something out.
Liu Kang Lin
Forum Member

Post by Liu Kang Lin »

hey i just posted something looking for an artist. Ive got a graphic novel type series that Ive written and done rough sketches for. I think some of your stuff could go with it, just wondering how you like doing alien/spaceships and superheroes? let me know ill drop u a line hopefully we can talk a little.
Jay Penn
Forum Member

Post by Jay Penn »

Okay, I'm definitely full now. Once more, thanks to everybody who contacted me. I'm looking forward to working with those I've decided to work with, and apologies to those that I had to say no to.
Jay Penn
Forum Member

Post by Jay Penn »

Still getting the odd enquiry about working with people on projects. Unfortunately, I can't even consider doing any more projects unless there is money involved. Thanks again to all that showed an interest, I wish you all well with your projects!
buzzkill
Forum Member

cost

Post by buzzkill »

How much do you charge?
Jay Penn
Forum Member

Post by Jay Penn »

Really does depend on the project and what it entails. But it is definitely negotiable and I try to be as fair as possible. Email me if you're interested and maybe we can come to an arrangement!