About Me // if you want to work together

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

PropagandaComics
Forum Member

About Me // if you want to work together

Post by PropagandaComics »

As some of you might know – and for those who do not, I've written/published a number of books with some level of success. Primarily, within fiction my books have been Western Horror, SplatterWestern, Traditional Western, Victorian/Confederate Syfy, and very early next year: Southern Gothic. Whereas I am interested in writing professionally within comics – as it is fun – I have at the moment paying out of pocket for the inaugural 24 page comic book issue of ZORRO KILLS. I believe that it will attain some level of success, though I am once again left holding the bag – looking for a cover artist who can create art up to my expectations for my low budget – as this is a gamble. Likewise, I've partnered with another comic book artist who is illustrating the inaugural issue of WHITE CHAPEL. It has a lot of gore and dark humor in it. Essentially, it has Sherlock Holmes & Jack The Ripper in it. ...Notably, a number of people have either asked me whether those 3 known characters (Zorro, Sherlock Holmes, & Jack The Ripper) are public domain -or- praised me for having the insight to utilized. Yes, just like Winnie The Pooh. They are public domain. And of course it is smart to take on properties and do it well for those that already have some kind of following. Personally, I hope that helps propel me towards favorable things. ...And because they're public domain, they're just as freely available for you to use as I.

Q: Do you know who is the biggest character to become public domain in 2024?
A: MICKEY MOUSE!!! Seriously, but only the earliest adaptions of him. You could legally make a Steamboat Willy Comic though.

While the mouse doesn't really suit me, nor do already public domain characters Winnie the Pooh & Flash Gordon (as I don't know that much about him), winners do what they see winners doing. Comic book companies like Dynamite, etc have utilized public domain stuff for years. PD characters who are more up my alley are Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, King Kong. Whereas I am all about putting out original content – it almost seems to me that it'd be ideal to get established first under bigger umbrellas, known brands, and such to add weight to your name. Regarding my literature, while I announced some time back that I was stepping back from the extremely violent Western Horror tales of terror that I've become known for writing - it is touching that 2 of my previously published short stories will be appearing in 2 different anthologies next year. Frankly, that seems like one of the highest complements to me as an author. Very many of them would probably translate well into 1-issue comics, if someone was making a series like a Western/Civil War era Tales from the Crypt type thing. Still, I don't know - other horror authors told me that my stuff frightened them...

Amid my horror books, I've taken inspiration from Slenderman, Spring-heeled Jack, The Devil of Leeds/Jersey Devil. Likewise, there is quite a bit that deals with the demonic. El Silbón appears in The Confederado: A Western Horror Tale of MesoAmerican Gore. The Wandering Jew appears in God Walks The Dark Hills Book IV: The Brightness of His Coming. The demons Lilith & Azazel as well as The King in Yellow appear in different short stories. There is mention of things from Lithuanian Werebears, Men-as-Trees, and so forth are mentioned. One story, found in the bonus material within my anthology Shut Up & Bleed takes place before the Noahic flood - nephilim are in it. I also have some creatures of my own making - most notable is the race of beings known as chthonic idiot gods. ...I am open to working with others as a writer. I'm hyper-productive & easygoing. It's my feeling that the more someone puts into something (me, you, them) the more they should expect to get out of it. Certainly, I'll do some things for free – but not everything. Likewise, I'll do some things for cheap - but not everything. It all comes down to asking that question - "Is it worth it?"

In the midst of everything else that is going on, I have teamed up with Affinity Comics - where I will be the writer one comic (so far). As I may not have the liberty to publicly discuss the details yet - I won't. My novel "Holy Ghost Exorcist" is currently being edited. It will release in early 2024. Whether my announced Christian Horror Anthology Give 'Em Hell becomes a reality or not is indeterminate. As I had expressed, I feel that most people lack either the capacity or desire to write purely terrifying, doctrinally sound "Christian Horror" with the conviction that it requires. Essentially, it's like the mark Luke Skywalker had to blast to blow up the deathstar in Star Wars Episode IV. I received several submissions. What pains me is that one of them is very good. The rest fall short in one way or another. When you're having to meet the guidelines of 2 very discriminating audiences – regardless of anything else – it calls for more. I also wrote one story for it, which may be too low key for my liking. I'll have to chew on it & determine whether it can be fixed or not. Its tone is more like that of the movie "Smile." ...Beyond all of this, I do have a few half-finished theological non-fiction books that I have been writing under my other author name. I just enjoy writing fiction more. Then there is a part of me that considers writing a book based off of a screenplay I'd written – which was inspired by a book I'd written entitled "Thank God For Women Preachers." It's about a girl who God has called to preach, but she has a male chauvinist complementarian father who is a minister that who interprets scripture in a way that demeans women - rather than how my book clearly picks it apart from Genesis - Revelation, looks at what was being said & to who - the the passages that far to many men have used to abuse women with. Anyway, the screenplay & that book - if it ever happens, are entitled "Just A Girl." ...What keeps me from it is the feeling that it is happening too close to modern time & I like thing that are more antiquated. Let me know if you want to play together.

B. L. Blankenship
MY FICTION: https://Linktr.ee/WesternHorror
MY ART/ETC: https://www.behance.net/benjamiblanken2
MY MUSIC: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5vNlqQoLvzFaCFpZDMoyI6
LM.Andrade
Forum Member

Re: About Me // if you want to work together

Post by LM.Andrade »

HI there,
I'm interested in your project. We can talk more through my email: lmandrade.arts@gmail.com
My portfolio: https://www.behance.net/luizmandrade

L.M. Andrade
louiseduran
Forum Member

Re: About Me // if you want to work together

Post by louiseduran »

I'd want to contribute to your initiative. You may get in touch with me at valorant1291@gmail.com to talk more about this.geometry dash lite