Seeking Artists to Collaborate for Gurukitty Studios' Antho

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Timothy Nakayama
Forum Member

Seeking Artists to Collaborate for Gurukitty Studios' Antho

Post by Timothy Nakayama »

Salutations and greetings to my fellow comic-loving mouseketeers,

I'm interesting in working with an artist to come up with a grand story for Gurukitty Studios' Fairy Tale Anthology.

Just a brief bio about myself, including credentials, so that we can get the ball rolling:

I am a professional freelance writer and author with over 10 years' worth of experience, with several short stories (10,000 words and below) in various anthologies, published by indie publishers who specialize in speculative fiction. In the past, I have also done writing work for PC games, online games, short movies and traditional pen-and-paper RPG games.

Recently, I completed a full 13-page webcomic for GrayHaven Comics, collaborating with the AWESOME Jay Penn, an artist who is a professional in every way I know (and many more ways I probably don't know!).

Here is a short write-up I wrote for FRAGMENTS. You can get a good gauge of my mastery of the language, as well as the stories I love to write:

The world is a machine, producing gleaming technological wonders and life-changing scientific discoveries, run by the lubricant that is cool rationality. Humans seek to unlock the mysteries of the Universe with Logic and Science as their key. And all they have to sacrifice to achieve that? Everything else. Literature, music, art, food - all these things are now relics of a misguided past. FRAGMENTS explores the theme of balance and moderation in human achievement, as seen through the eyes and adventures of Kaylee, an inquisitive 10-year-old girl who is facing difficulties fitting in with the strict and rigid social rules of an emotionally repressed society.

You can check out the very Last page of FRAGMENTS I did:
http://www.grayhavencomics.com/2012/01/ ... hapter-13/

The response to the webcomic was very encouraging, and GrayHaven Comics has invited me to do another 26-week run of FRAGMENTS for them, which I will be starting in February.

And coincidentally (!), I have also written another 5-pager (print) for their Fairy Tales anthology as well, a 5-page story about an inquisitive boy and a dumb ogre, which will be published in February.

I have also written a handful of short stories, all of them speculative fiction - a little dash of strange, a touch of the magical, and a whole lot of heart. From starving writers in bird-like cells on the side of a mountain to evil koi fish who steal human souls, I have written stories that I enjoy sharing with the rest of the world.

I am looking for possible collaborations in the upcoming Fairy Tale anthology by Gurukitty Studios, in which I will supply the script and story and work together with the artist to create a compelling narrative and fascinating characters.

Just some of the comics I like:
The Sandman Series, by Neil Gaiman
Swamp Thing, Watchmen, V For Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, by Alan Moore
Y: The Last Man, Pride, by Brian K. Vaughan
Daytripper, by Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba

If you're interested (and serious), just drop me a message and let's see how the dice roll.
Last edited by Timothy Nakayama on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.