seasoned webcomic writer looking for artist for unpaid work

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

seasoned webcomic writer looking for artist for unpaid work

Post by Ruyei »

I'm Robert...A.K.A. Ruyei ...and I have worked on webcomics in the past and hope to start up my old habit. Among other things, I've worked on a chapter of a comic called Supercosmic http://supercosmic212.blogspot.com/ as well as comics for artificialcomix.com such as Parkbench Dreamer http://www.artificialcomix.com/parkbenc ... deshow.htm and and My Headache http://www.artificialcomix.com/myheadache/Slideshow.htm

I am willing to offer my writing talents to any artist with decent art. Even if said art is not the norm, as long as it can tell a story with the art I am most likely to be satisfied. I can work with both American and Manga style.

If the artist has no ideas for a comic, here's a few of my own.

1. First Earth is a land of ocean and islands, a land populated by winged human-like beings that survive in small tribes and towns. These creatures call themselves the Seconds. There are many stories explaining the name among the Secs, the most popular and well known among them claiming "The beasts came first, and we came second."

The Secs, while in their towns with decent numbers, are safe. However not everyone is satisfied with their place, those eager for advancement, as well as adventures, seek out new islands to populate. However untamed islands can be dangerous places for Secs, places where untold of monsters both of flesh and metal reside. The tales of [working title] First Earth deal mostly with those who adventure into the unknown and return to tell the tale, as well as depictions of life in the towns.

2. Eden is a young girl who, upon finishing her SATs, is shot due to excessive noise afterwards by her proctor. Having lived an average life and not doing enough good deeds to warrant entry into heaven or reincarnation, she is assigned as a guardian angel to some boy just a few years younger to herself until she can work up enough karma. Chaos ensues as Eden deals not only with her bizarre afterlife, but also with the schoolyard troubles of a shy and skinny boy.

3. A young man in a world much like ours, inherits a glass egg from his grandfather, who always told outlandish stories about far off places and worlds hidden beneath our noses. The young man finds one day that the egg has cracked open...revealing a mist that is unseen by others and follows the young man around and even communicates by changing its form and forming simple sentences that only the young man can hear. The "cloud" also exhibits the ability to change into living beings and thus be seen. This comic focuses on the day to day as the young man, a young college age student, teaches the "cloud" about everyday life in the modern day. This comic focus's more on "slice of life" vignettes than fantasy.

There, that should give the perspective artist an idea of my abilities and what sort of stories I usually tell. I have many more ideas, but I felt this selection was a good well rounded group of samples. I of course am not above developing other people's ideas as I mentioned at the beginning, but I felt showing my ideas would be helpful. E-mail me at robert-finch@comcast.net if you're interested. Also, any colorist, letterist, or inker can also apply if they're interested in working with me. Heck, if you're a writer and wouldn't mind co-creating something I'd love to see samples.

I'm eagerly awaiting your responses,
Sincerely,
Robert/Ruyei

P.S. Note that I CANNOT pay at this time...I am rather tight on cash and may be so for a year or two while I get a license so I can get a job. I am willing to consider submitting to work to publishers if it reaches a certain length though, most publishers prefer to market books rather than traditional chapters. I plan to post the comic online at drunkduck.com so people can see it, if only temporarily. However, I am open to either keeping the comic secret or posting on another site or medium.

P.S.S. For those who recognize the links, I formally posted for an artist under the screen-name Kagaenod. However although I found an artist then, the project fell through...mostly because I ran out of money and the artist had a death in the family. I tried to post as "Kagaenod" but I forgot my password and then the forum had trouble sending it to me. I've set up a new account to circumvent the problem. Just wanted to be forward and honest as to the change of name.
dbppres

Post by dbppres »

i wish that my art was up to snuff for your project, because that "tales of First Earth" idea seems pretty interesting to work on.