New webpage design

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

New webpage design

Post by Greg Stephens »

I've done some serious web-fu over the last week and redesigned the index page for my site. Over the next week or so, the design will propogate to the rest of the site, but the lion's share of the work is that one page.

As with all redesigns, I'm pretty pleased with this one at the moment. I expect to be refining some aspects of it over time. It's worked fairly properly in the browsers I've tested. There's an bug that seems to have come, gone and come back again in IE-Win 5.0 with the nav-buttons, but I'm prepared to not worry too much about that.

The only thing I don't know about is browsers running on Macs. They should be comparable to PC browsers, so I don't expect any big problems, but at some point I'm going to have to find out how the site works in that environment.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

When I open the page, I get two "undefined variable" errors. The variables are "an" (233:25) and "d" (237:9).
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

That was from the JavaScript that the tracker used. That may have been happening for ages. I removed it for the moment and will investigate later.

Thanks for letting me know.

edit: I think I fixed it. Got some updated code. I'm not seeing the same errors on my Javascript console now. Let me know if you still have that error.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.