Harry Potter Icon

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Harry Potter Icon

Post by BuckBeaver »

Is it just me or is that icon kind of a rip on Neil Cicierega's Right Said Fred spoof "Sexy Snape". It looks very, very similiar. I was going to post a link to it but I noticed that Harry Potter Puppet Pals has exceeded it's monthly bandwidth.

(BTW if anyone is a HP fan check back at that link Thursday when they should be back online - Potter Puppet Pals is one of my favourite web toons and it's hilarious!)
Check out my NEW blog - PuppetVision
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I think that's exactly what it is. I'd call it "inspired by" rather than a "rip" but either way- I thnk you're right.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Post by BuckBeaver »

"Rip" was a poor choice of words on my part. Have you seen the video? It's so popular Neil's site keeps getting overloaded. Someone really ought to set up a mirror.
Check out my NEW blog - PuppetVision
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yup, seen it. A friend sent the link my way last week sometime. It's quite magical. Possibly as magical as Harry Potter himself, or Jay Leno's chin.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

BuckBeaver wrote:"Rip" was a poor choice of words on my part.
I resemble that remark :wink:
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)