Spiral comic engine

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

ShadowCaster wrote:I don't know the local etiquette in adressing him, do you think I should ask in the Morning Improv board, e-mail him or just let things as is and wait for an eventual response ?
He's a busy guy, so don't sit back and wait. If you think he'd be interested, you should either email him directly or you can send him a private message via this forum. You could also post a topic in the MI section pointing to this thread.

On another note, I'm going to move this to the "Art" section, since I think it's been more than simple hype for some time. If you've bookmarked it, the link should remain the same.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
ShadowCaster
Frequent Poster

Post by ShadowCaster »

OK, I won't bother him yet with vaporware. I'll try to have a demo of a fractal spiral today and depending of how it distorts the image, I'll contact him or not.
[EDIT]
Here's a superb screenshot (88 KB)
(OK Image took 30 mn to generate, still needs some work and image quality reduction)
ShadowCaster
Frequent Poster

Post by ShadowCaster »

Well, the fractal spiral is less urgent since it's not needed for Scott's next improv. What should I work on tomorrow in your opinion ?

1 optimizing fractal spiral to an acceptable level
2 zooming interface with + - keys
3 make the spiral readable before all images are fully downloaded
4 XML spiral format specifications.
5 infinite spiral support with pannel cycling
6 pannel stretching
7 semi transparent pannel layers overlaping
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

Actually, I'd like to see a Mandelbrot fractal, with all it's branches, used for something like a Mimi-Carl type comic. The openings in the mandelbrot can be used for each panel, and then you can zoom in on a branch, to reveal another opening used for a panel, and more branches, which in turn can be zoomed in on, etc, etc, etc. Not only could you have a never ending story, but you can have one with almost infinite variations.

Basically, it would be a combination of a mandelbrot with the Tarquin Engine.
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
ShadowCaster
Frequent Poster

Post by ShadowCaster »

I searched a bit but am clueless on that one.
A Tarkin like interface where you'd zoom in to a clicked point until a certain constant zoom factor is reached is quite easy to do (and computationnaly heavy). But I don't have a clue where to put pannels and what pannels to choose.
ShadowCaster
Frequent Poster

Post by ShadowCaster »

The fractal spiral version is working but I need a set of pannels making a circular story for the demo.
Anyone knowing one ?

:x Currently working on XML spiral comic specification.