FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
48 Hour Comic Day
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostQuestion: Stronger topic moderation? Next: PostIs Scott the new Waldo?  
RyanE
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: 48 Hour Comic Day Reply with quote

24 Hour Comics Day was such a hoot that I'm gonna kick it up a notch and try again. In 8 hours, I 'll begin the ridiculously named "48 Hour Comics Day", and attempt to do 48 pages in 48 hours.
Anyone know if I'm the first so attempt it?

Ryan
www.ryanestrada.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RRH
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, don't! You'll die!
wansley
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Where will it end? Reply with quote

I'm know I am going to sound like an old curmudgeon, but what value is added by extending a 24 hour comic to a 48 hour comic, aside from making it into a severe endurance test? None, I think.

Of course, anyone who wants to can try to make a 48, 72 or any greater length of time comic, but to do so moves it from the realm of a legitimate attempt to throw a depth charge into the creative well-springs of one's mind to a Guiness-Book-of-World-Records-type stunt.

Of course, this is just one curmudgeon's opinion.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you get twice as much work done, for one thing.

And, yeah, you do sound like a curmudgeon.
Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah.
I did get a great deal of work done. I had a great deal of work to get done, as I have my book coming out in August, and I couldn't have gotten it done any other way while working full time and having most weekends booked for adventure around Korea. I finished something I couldn't possibly have done in 24 pages, and got not only the creative kick in the nuts, but also the confidence that came from surviving the endurance test, which has gotten me drawing more than I ever have. Since I finished it, I've been drawing comics in the 10 minute breaks between classes at work, getting work done early in the morning, later at night... it had a lot of value for me.

Ryan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: