48 Hour Comic Day

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

RyanE
Regular Poster

48 Hour Comic Day

Post by RyanE »

24 Hour Comics Day was such a hoot that I'm gonna kick it up a notch and try again. In 8 hours, I 'll begin the ridiculously named "48 Hour Comics Day", and attempt to do 48 pages in 48 hours.
Anyone know if I'm the first so attempt it?

Ryan
www.ryanestrada.com
RRH
Forum Member

Post by RRH »

No, don't! You'll die!
wansley
Frequent Poster

Where will it end?

Post by wansley »

I'm know I am going to sound like an old curmudgeon, but what value is added by extending a 24 hour comic to a 48 hour comic, aside from making it into a severe endurance test? None, I think.

Of course, anyone who wants to can try to make a 48, 72 or any greater length of time comic, but to do so moves it from the realm of a legitimate attempt to throw a depth charge into the creative well-springs of one's mind to a Guiness-Book-of-World-Records-type stunt.

Of course, this is just one curmudgeon's opinion.
William Ansley
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Well, you get twice as much work done, for one thing.

And, yeah, you do sound like a curmudgeon. :)
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Well, yeah.
I did get a great deal of work done. I had a great deal of work to get done, as I have my book coming out in August, and I couldn't have gotten it done any other way while working full time and having most weekends booked for adventure around Korea. I finished something I couldn't possibly have done in 24 pages, and got not only the creative kick in the nuts, but also the confidence that came from surviving the endurance test, which has gotten me drawing more than I ever have. Since I finished it, I've been drawing comics in the 10 minute breaks between classes at work, getting work done early in the morning, later at night... it had a lot of value for me.

Ryan