Melonpool Ending

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Melonpool Ending

Post by BuckBeaver »

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this or not, but I thought it was worth noting that one of the web's oldest comics "Melonpool" is ending it's run in a few days (I don't think Steve Troop has announced a final date yet) over at Keenspot.

http://www.melonpool.com
Check out my NEW blog - PuppetVision
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

Post by Tim Tylor »

It's not so much ending as changing form. Steve's putting the present webcomic on hold for a year at least, to work on other Melonpool projects.
BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Post by BuckBeaver »

Yeah, I know but he seems to have indicated if he does continue the actual web comic in another year or so he may only return to it for a year. Still, I'm eager to see what his other Melonpool-related projects will be.
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

Post by Tim Tylor »

He's having second thoughts, and may start the comic up again in August.
BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Post by BuckBeaver »

Steve got interviewed in Comixpedia this week. It's a really great piece (yea Steve!). He deserves the attention.

Here's the direct link - http://comixpedia.com/modules.php?op=mo ... =0&thold=0
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

Post by Tim Tylor »

The comic's coming back this November. In the meantime Steve's running some Melonpool comic-books he did in 1994; he's already put the first issue up "retroactively" in the archives (you know what a one he is for messing with time), and he'll be putting more pages up daily until the strip starts again.