How to computer-color comics

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

GuyW

Post by GuyW »

I would like to know a little more about the technique mentioned by scanning the pencils and reprinting in blue lines.

how do you blue line the scanned pencil drawing? I would like to do this incase I mess up so badly I can go back and reprint the page.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Bro, insiders call "messing up badly" - Artstyle
rena

Post by rena »

hi everyone. thanks for all the comments and tips you guys had discussed in this forum. i see its been years since you have posted all of these great help. they helped me a lot on how i can color my drawings using photoshop and mix colors to make the drawings come alive. thanks again :wink:

by the way i saw this site through search engine of yahoo! when i try to look for how to color in using my computer.

all the best!
mckay
Forum Member

Post by mckay »

this doesn't have much to do with the actual process of applying digital colors, but somthing that might help in the coloring process in general, is taking the time out (once youve selected or created your base color profiles) to make a color wheel on your pc, and save it for reference. it adds , in my HO anyways, a consistancy to your work in tones and color harmony.

just my two bits ,

-cy
choose life.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

That is one area GIMP has it up on Photshop. You can select your colors via a color wheel. It helps figuring out the complimentaries a lot easier.