Star Wars Web comics

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Star Wars Web comics

Post by BuckBeaver »

In the surest sign yet that web comics are going mainstream, StarWars.com is launching a new series of "web strips" as part of their Hyperspace service on Monday. Although some of them aren't technically web comics, they're just reprints of the old newspaper strips from the late 70s/early 80s.

I don't expect too much from these, but it's still nice to see such a main stream site jumping on the bandwagon.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/abou ... 0927b.html
Last edited by BuckBeaver on Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my NEW blog - PuppetVision
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I seem to remember that StarWars.com ventured into webcomics previously, but they were more like animations than actual comics. Google was no help in turning it up, but StarWars.com's own search feature led me to this page, which I think is what I'm talking about. It owes about as much to comics, though, as Ang Lee's Hulk movie. It's good to see that they're taking a more comic-like approach this time.

Of course, there are a lot of fan-created Star Wars webcomics, but one of the more notable ones is Jaxxon's 11, which continues the adventures of the big green rabbit-like alien from Marvel's Star Wars comic book series.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Jason Alderman
Frequent Poster

Post by Jason Alderman »

Was <a href="http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/1998 ... l">this</a> what you were talking about, Greg?
(It's the one that I remember, but the link that you have seems very similar.)

jason
googleholic
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

That may very well have been it. It uses speech bubbles and much less aimation than the one I linked to. Actually, what I remember most if the hype at the time about the online comic. I didn't actually read it, because back in 1998-1999, I was on dial-up and had no patience for such bandwidth heavy entertainments.
collegepros
Forum Member

Post by collegepros »

why starwars.com why... you keep adding stuff, and it's all horrible, and it just makes us fear the third movie more and more...
<Exit: The Professionals> <Enter: The College Pros>
Vote for me here
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge.