Thank you Greg!

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the return of ZWOL!! You might not have the flash of When I Was King, but you've got more heart and maturity and complexity than any other web comic out there.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Well, thank YOU for the very kind words. I'm not sure that I deserve all of that, but you've summed up what I'm aiming for: maturity, depth, and a certain personal touch.

I like the work I've been doing recently; I know where I'm going with the storyline; and I don't like leaving the site go so long without an update. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of the comic and I don't intend to limp across that finish line (not that Zwol will finish then, but it's an important goal for me).
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
HCat
Forum Member

Post by HCat »

I'm in agreement. I'm liking the current work. I have days just like Kate seems to be having when I'd rather not go "out there." Stay in the race, Greg. I'm looking forward to #200.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

What can I say, but "Get Back!"
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
cdoc
Regular Poster

Post by cdoc »

Kate's struggles are not unknown. It is full time work looking for work. It will be interesting to watch her struggle through this part.
damonk13
Frequent Poster

Post by damonk13 »

Hey, are you saying that *MY* comic isn't more mature than ZWOL? :wink:

Seriously, tho, Greg -- I remember when i first looked at your strip almost a year ago, rioght after you sent me some kind words about my strip...

I LIKED ZWOL. I liked the oddness you began with, and i LIKED your Saturday personal artist comments. I thought that you had a good formula going, and that if you stuck to it, you'd be fine.

Boy, was I ever wrong.

You changed left and right, trying new things, daring to play beyond the norm... You tampered with form, shifted around with idea, and each time, i was more and MORE impressed.

Greg, you've done nothing but get better.

I remember when cartoon you would talk about hoping to get at least 50 strips, and would sometimes have a tone that hinted at your impending departure from the comics scene. I remember how that frightened me a little, to lose ZWOL then.

But now? Now, Greg, I'm afraid I'd be more then a little disappointed if you ever stopped anytime soon.

I'd likely be closer to crushed.

Keep up the incredible work, Greg Stephens. You have definitely managed to garner more than a few fans already.

And you can certainly include *me* in that number.

Now give us some more Bowie, dammit... :grin:
frank "damonk" cormier
FRAMED!!!