Comic seeking artist - FOUND!

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

duggy_92127
Forum Member

Comic seeking artist - FOUND!

Post by duggy_92127 »

Hello there! This may be an interesting variation on the standard "seeking an artist" post...

I am not, myself, the writer of the comic in question. The writer is a good friend of mine who has long dreamed of having his own webcomic. He has the wit, and a never-ending supply of real-world material.... but sadly, he cannot draw. He even took a class to try and learn, but it just wasn't his thing.

However, I wasn't about to let him go unfulfilled. So I made him up a simple web page that would let him express his "comic" in words. He has "panels" and describes what goes on in them. Many of them are pretty good, but that may be my own bias (because I'm in some of them). :)

That brings me to another difference between this and other calls for artists: we/he not only has ideas and concepts, but he's already put some up on the web site. More than 50 of them, actually; he's been doing five a week for a few months now. Even I'm impressed with his persistence. :)

So, I thought the least I could do would be to put out the call for an actual artist to draw some of these strips. Whether you'd like to draw up just one that you like, or a series, or put together some kind of longer-term arrangement, we'd love to year from you. :)

Some concluding details: My name is Doug. The writer is Tim. The comic is called "Sunday at 10"; it's generally about D&D sessions, video games, and whatever else Tim comes across that amuses him (such as his idea for a feature-length movie, "Night of the Living Hot Chicks"). You can find the comic at:

http://www.timandshawna.net/s@10/

Thank you for your time! Any replies, via post or email, would be welcomed. :)

Doug
Last edited by duggy_92127 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duggy_92127
Forum Member

Got one, thanks!

Post by duggy_92127 »

Just because I know you were all DYING to know the outcome of this, we did pick up an artist, and an awesome one, at that. :) Thanks!

Doug