FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Need help starting webcomic.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostMI RSS feed Next: PostMusic!  
PingTiao
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Need help starting webcomic. Reply with quote

I still love print, but cant afford to go that route for at least another couple years when I graduate... and then some I imagine. What I'd like is all the advice I can get on what's needed, tips and tricks, links to all the information that could be useful to me, how to get a free website that isnt a myspace or something, how to pimp my wares, how to make some money, a step by step of what I need to do, yadda yadda. I really wanna get something going in my comic creating life, test myself against deadlines and critics and lack of technological know how. Any and all help is appreciated.

Ping
William G
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, wait a second... Does webcomics have two Pings?
PingTiao
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ping is a common Chinese name I believe, like John in the states. If there is another ping, he may actually be asian, in which case you can call me "White Ping", as I am a cracker with an asian nick. So, I have no "official" webcomic myself, just "Squirrels on Crack" in my myspace blog. What do I need to learn to make websites? HTML? Flash? Adobe GoLive? Still seeking help.

Ping
William G
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, "she"...

The easiest way to get your webcomic cherry popped is to head over to Comic Genesis:

http://www.comicgenesis.com/

They've held many a new creator's hand. Just watch out for the group-think there, or else you'll never try to grow beyond them

As for the rest of it, you'll have to decided what sort of comic you're planning to make. But Photoshop or Illustrator are almost impossible to live without.

Though, if you dont mind freeware google "GIMP download" It's a Linux program with a Windows version. Being Linux means it's like the Soviet Union of programs... but it manages to work none the less.
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint Shop Pro is another option. It's cheaper than the full Photoshop and can do most of the same things; Jeff Darlington uses it for GPF. There's also Photoshop Elements, but I don't know much about that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: