Comixpress... Anyone use them to print anything yet?

Micropayments, Macropayments, Subscriptions, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Have you had Comixpress print any comics for you?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 11

Jason
Forum Member

Post by Jason »

I've been ripped off by Brad at Firstwave, too. I know about 4 or 5 others who are in the same boat.

Don't worry about his threats of legal action. They're empty and baseless; especially considering the fact that he's committed several acts of mail fraud.

Brad is VERY helpful and talkative UNTIL he gets your money. Then it becomes next to impossible to get ahold of him and when you do hear from him he gives you a string of pitiful excuses about how a piece of equipment is down or an employee messed up.

I have a friend who lives about 10 minutes from Brad and has visited Firstwave's illustriuos headquarters - Brad's house.

I finally got my books from him, but I only got 1/3 of what I paid for and the print quality (especially the cover) was very low standard. I've bought about 2 dozen books from ComixPress from various creators and EVERYONE of them was much better print quality than Firstwaves laser printer-produced books.

I only got this low-quality portion of my order after I initiated a mail fraud investigation with my local post office. Being 3 states away from Firstwave, it would be more trouble than it's worth to sue him. So, I just dropped it and counted it as a lesson learned.

Brad is a liar and a thief. That's all there is to it. Stay away from Firstwave at all costs.

ComixPress may have delays, but that's just because they are extremely busy - due in part to them being the ONLY printer who can offer quality printing at an affordable cost with low print runs. They have a proven repuation of producing good books.

Jason
Noppie
Forum Member

Post by Noppie »

To whom this may concern
I too have been recently ripped off by Brad Linder at FirstWave. He too has threaten legal action against me. However, I believe the comic book community needs to be warned. So send me an e-mail with your details.

Angry Dog Press
Steven Noppenberger
noppie@angrydogpress.net
http://www.angrydogpress.net
djcoffman
Forum Member

Post by djcoffman »

Coming in late on this--- but I've used Comixpress since Day one... and it's done really well for me.

Man, that Brad Linder guy sounds like a fool. There was discussion about this BSer on www.digitalwebbing.com forums a month or so back.

He's alot of talk, and NO action.
DJ Coffman
YIRMUMAH: The Daily Webcomic -- and a buddah of abuse.
troybuddha
Frequent Poster

Post by troybuddha »

I ordered my comics from Comixpress at the begining of July and have the same problem as before. No confirmation of the order and no reply to e-mails. I guess I can just assume that everything is fine but I'd sure like some confirmation of that.
Keith
<a href="http://www.karmicdebt.net">Comics!!</a>
Neil Cohn
Regular Poster

Post by Neil Cohn »

I used Comixpress for some printing awhile back. They didn't respond to me for about two months, then out of the blue wrote to apologize and printed all of my order for free (and it looks great, btw). I think they've been having some internal problems, but they're definitely worth going through based on the final product. From all I know though, they seem to be straightening out the time issues as well.
www.emaki.net - Studying the Language of "comics"
troybuddha
Frequent Poster

Post by troybuddha »

I'm sure it will turn out fine and they'll e-mail soon about the comics but as the date when I need them to be here draws near I'm starting to get a bit nervous.
Keith
<a href="http://www.karmicdebt.net">Comics!!</a>
gau dog
Forum Member

Post by gau dog »

I went with comixpress. It takes a long long time for them to print your comic, like two, three months or more but they have good customer service and will reply when you bug them. And it's easy to setup. The quality's good. They're slow but they come through.

New print customers can get %10 off inital order by using my referal code: JMAR911

And I might as well plug my book as well http://www.comixpress.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_33 :wink:
In some ways, dogs are superior to men
www.jamesmarstudio.com
Phlip
Frequent Poster

Post by Phlip »

Who is the competition? It sounds like a little competition will straighten out the kinks...
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Phlip wrote:Who is the competition? It sounds like a little competition will straighten out the kinks...
There's many, but right now I think their main competition are Lulu and Ka-Blam.
jamarmiller
Forum Member

update

Post by jamarmiller »

so anyone know of anyone else to use other than Ka-blam or Comixpress?

Im dealing with Comixpress right now and god they are awful, I sent them books back in October got invoices for HALF the books in december and now its March and I still do not have any of the books I paid for nor the rest of the invoices, I have e-mailed them every day for the last 45 days and they still have not replied

be warned , they are horrible to deal with