FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Reiterating Comics
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Zwol forum
Previous: PostGoogle Directory Next: PostNo visible means of support  
John2two
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks fascinating. I can hardly wait for it to unfold...
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember- this is a conversation, so if you have (or anybody else has) anything to add, please do! If it's in comic form, I'll post it on a weekend (or anybody can post it on their own site, of course), or if it's just words, this thread is open.

Jason Alderman
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a long conversation then, if it's only continued on the weekend. Worth spawning a new site for?

(I guess the real question is how fast could the conversants draw new installments...)

It would be nifty if someone could script a messageboard that posted in comics. Something that's a cross between your regular bulletin board, that old Microsoft Comic Chat, and something like the lowpass comic strip creator. Someone with a knowledge of PHP (and perhaps some knowledge of Ming or PHP-generation of PNGs), an enterprising spirit, and far more time on their hands than I have could make an interesting forum that turns each posting into a word balloon or panel in an ongoing comic.

I'm looking forward to the next installment, and I'd be happy to join the conversation, but it hasn't really started yet...

jason

Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg (on the News section of the home page):

(Note to Kevin: I'm sorry this part is a) late and b) sucks. Should have drawn it two weeks ago! Ah, well.)

No, no, no, Greg -- today's installment may be late, but it definitely does NOT suck! The points made were on target, and the scales were particularly cool; they seem to echo McCloud's own penchant for visual metaphor/symbolic explanation, but the choice of symbols (the pile of "Blah, blah, blahs" vs. the ?) was in a voice distinctly more Zwolly than McCloud's imagery.

Anyhow, to you and Kevin both: Keep up the good work!

-Max Leibman
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To elaborate on the "this sucks" attitude- I've never had to draw a comic on the very night that I was going to post it, so I got very rushed near the end. I think it's conceptually strong enough, and it was initially drawn well enough, but I really missed the boat when I inked it.

Re: Visual metaphors- yeah, I start to feel particularly McCloudian when I do that, but it's a heck of a lot of fun!

p.s.- Kevin's claimed part 4, and I think I'd like part 5- who's up for part 6?

[ This Message was edited by: Greg Stephens on 2001-05-19 17:16 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
queeniefox
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saturday conversation strip is very interesting but I have a question: How can I make these things bigger? I couldn't read the lettering on part 4! Spare a thought for the short sighted! (even those who are too idiotic to wear glasses like yours truly)
Sorry if this sound like a stupid point but I'm a newbie. This is the only online comic I've ever looked at. (came to it after the link on Teenage Wildlife some time back) Ok veering off topic now, many apologies.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin letters a bit smaller than I do, but he also had a lot of words to fit in, so that accounts for it. I don't have the original, so I can't offer a larger one at the moment.

I can think of two ways to view the image larger within your web-browser:

1) Start using Opera to surf the web- it lets you zoom in and out of web pages. Nice browser- small download.

2) Reset the resolution on your monitor. Assuming you're using Windows, right-click on the desktop and choose "properties", then go to the "settings" tab page and set the "screen area" down to 640x480. Read comic, return resolution to former setting.

Sorry- for the moment, those are the best two options.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Zwol forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: