Cat is Back!

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

I just received an email saying that Cat Garza is alive and well. Expect more Magic Inkwell!

Later,
Randy
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

For any newcomers, that's <a href="http://www.magicinkwell.com">magicinkwell.com</a>. Check out the archive, you'll be glad you did!
<a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com">--S</a>
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

Post by catgarza »

hey everyone

i'm indeed back. it's been a rough three months. my phone was cut off and i couldn't update the site or check email. i was even selling art on the street for about a month there. fun.

i've updated the site now and will be posting a new installment of WHIMVILLE this coming Sunday night (finally). Unfortunately, the daily FRITZ strips may be defunct. I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep up with a daily schedule right now. I'm trying to see if i can make money with the art in other avenues while keeping up with the comics at the same time. I may do a weekly FRITZ in a month or two that would be updated on Saturdays, but time will tell.

My biggest priority is trying to scrounge the cash together to go to San Diego this year. I've been invited to speak on the panel with Scott (McCloud), Patrick Farley, David Gaddis, Tristan Farnon, and Demian5 (who's coming all the way from Zurich). I've asked that those that can manage it, donate a buck or two to my Amazon or PayPal "tip jars" so I can make this a possiblity. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing the airfare this way. My admittance into the Comicon for the panel and somewhere to stay have been worked out (thanks in no small part to my cartooning buddies) so...

Blah. I hate asking people for money. But hopefully I can make up for it with some comics or something. Hopefully.

Please also check out the new navigational features I've given to magicinkwell.com. I've changed a few things and will continue to "tweak" it over the next few weeks. You're comments and suggestions are appreciated and welcome (so tell me if it sucks).
cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

For those who haven't done it before, Amazon tips are easy to give, any amount between $1 and $50, it's up to you. I hope all of you with working plastic this month will consider helping Cat get to San Diego... 'cause we want him there!!

I'm going to post a seperate thread about this panel to let you know more.