FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Cat is Back!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> (Web)Comics Theory: ART
Previous: PostGonad Man Next: PostIf anyone's interested  
Randy
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received an email saying that Cat Garza is alive and well. Expect more Magic Inkwell!

Later,
Randy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scott McCloud
The one and only

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any newcomers, that's magicinkwell.com. Check out the archive, you'll be glad you did!

catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone

i'm indeed back. it's been a rough three months. my phone was cut off and i couldn't update the site or check email. i was even selling art on the street for about a month there. fun.

i've updated the site now and will be posting a new installment of WHIMVILLE this coming Sunday night (finally). Unfortunately, the daily FRITZ strips may be defunct. I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep up with a daily schedule right now. I'm trying to see if i can make money with the art in other avenues while keeping up with the comics at the same time. I may do a weekly FRITZ in a month or two that would be updated on Saturdays, but time will tell.

My biggest priority is trying to scrounge the cash together to go to San Diego this year. I've been invited to speak on the panel with Scott (McCloud), Patrick Farley, David Gaddis, Tristan Farnon, and Demian5 (who's coming all the way from Zurich). I've asked that those that can manage it, donate a buck or two to my Amazon or PayPal "tip jars" so I can make this a possiblity. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing the airfare this way. My admittance into the Comicon for the panel and somewhere to stay have been worked out (thanks in no small part to my cartooning buddies) so...

Blah. I hate asking people for money. But hopefully I can make up for it with some comics or something. Hopefully.

Please also check out the new navigational features I've given to magicinkwell.com. I've changed a few things and will continue to "tweak" it over the next few weeks. You're comments and suggestions are appreciated and welcome (so tell me if it sucks).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scott McCloud
The one and only

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't done it before, Amazon tips are easy to give, any amount between $1 and $50, it's up to you. I hope all of you with working plastic this month will consider helping Cat get to San Diego... 'cause we want him there!!

I'm going to post a seperate thread about this panel to let you know more.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> (Web)Comics Theory: ART All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: