Zwol Scripts

Micropayments, Macropayments, Subscriptions, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Surlyben
Frequent Poster

Zwol Scripts

Post by Surlyben »

I've decided to attempt to automate my webcomic (hopefully this week... Cooking with Anne has been offline for too long), so I've been looking into what scripts are availaible, and I came across a thread about atp autoupdate over on comixpedia where zwol (who I assume is Greg?) was talking about making the zwol system available for others. Zwol does everything I would want to do (and more), so I thought I would check in here and see if that was still in the offing...

Even if it's not I figure that y'all might be able to point me in the right direction. (I tried checking out the atp autoupdate site, but it seemed to be down just now...)

cheers!
--
www.surlyben.com Recipes for the apocalypse...
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yeah, I was working on it, then not, then again, then not. It's not ready for prime-time. I've given my code to a couple people who are php- and SQL-savvy, but it's not a plug-and-play solution. If you don't mind doing some work on your own (I can offer pointers), I can send you the files.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Surlyben
Frequent Poster

Post by Surlyben »

Wow, that would be great! I'm not sure if I know enough about sql and php, but I already planned on learning more (and I have general code savvy...) I'd love to give it a try, if you are willing to let me.

surlyben at benhard.com is a working email...

Thanks!
--
www.surlyben.com Recipes for the apocalypse...
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I just sent an email to that address. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
xerexes2006
Forum Member

ZWOL CODE UPDATE

Post by xerexes2006 »

SurlyBen,

I've got a version of ZWOL code back up - feel free to ask me questions too I suppose. I wouldn't pretend to know how all of the code works but I have gotten it to do what I want it to. Greg did a nice job documenting it too!

Greg,

Do you think ZWOL code would work on PHP 5? I've been thinking of upgrading b/c I used mediawiki for a site and they've gone to PHP 5 for the newer versions.

Also I just put altbrand.com on ZWOL (I need to write a CSS file - apologies for using yours temporarily) and I think I'm going to write that comic by comic CSS hack we talked about way back when you sent me the code. It doesn't seem too hard - I was going to add a column to the table with comic info for the css file and then rewrite the header file's line pulling the CSS file to look up the name of the file in the DB.
- x
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Re: ZWOL CODE UPDATE

Post by Greg Stephens »

xerexes2006 wrote:Greg did a nice job documenting it too!
Ha! Yeah, right.

Re: PHP5-- I don't know. I don't know what's changed in PHP5. I changed one of my domains to use PHP 5.1.2 to see what happens. It'll take some time to propogate through. I'll let you know what happens.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yeah, there's a difference in how globals are treated which would need to be addressed, so there's at least one problem.
xerexes2006
Forum Member

How much work do you think it would take?

Post by xerexes2006 »

Greg,

I went with PHP 5.1.6 so I could upgrade to the latest version of mediawiki software for comixpedia.org. I guess you called it on the globals problem as ZWOL does not work after the upgrade. I'm not entirely sure I understand how global worked and now how it's changed (I vaguely understand that global meant keeping values beyond certain operations but I'm not sure that's really right). I am getting this error right now:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PUBLIC, expecting ']' in /home/altbrand/public_html/php/functions.php on line 60

Maybe I'll start hacking through it. If you have done/do anything though please let me know! :) Likewise I can share with you if you're interested.
- x
xerexes2006
Forum Member

Re: How much work do you think it would take?

Post by xerexes2006 »

xerexes2006 wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PUBLIC, expecting ']' in /home/altbrand/public_html/php/functions.php on line 60
Heh - the first fix is that "public" and "private" are now reserved in 5.0 so go through and change public and private (I just added an x at the end of both) in functions, archivedb, archivezwol and archivemain. That got it back up and running for me although if there are other problems I may not have found them yet.
- x
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

That's good to hear. I'm glad that it mostly works, still.