New TEST Forum

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Here: http://www.zwol.org/phpBB2/index.php

It is ONLY for TESTING purposes! If you have a topic you wish to seriously discuss, do so HERE, as usual. Thanks!

It was converted from an older backup, and I haven't done anything to make it look/feel like the rest of the site, but it should function and loginIDs/Passwords for members who joined prior to December 9th, 2001 should be valid. Once I'm satisfied that it's working properly, I'll go through the trouble of converting an absolutely up-to-date version.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
cdoc
Regular Poster

Post by cdoc »

like the new look - and that I can be automatically logged on!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I agree. That feature is a nice one for me, too. And, if you'll notice, it's possible to login right from the main page, rather than needing to click on the "login" link.

Also the former "User Profile" and "User Preferences" have been consolidated into one screen that is called "Profile".

I'm not crazy about the new way that Search functions (it seems to ignore too many words), but there may be a way to fix that.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Uploaded the first few modifications to the colors and the template for the new forum: http://www.zwol.org/phpBB2/index.php
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

The phpBB has released their RC3 version of phpBB2. While not a final release, I'm confident enough with its stability to be ugrading our forum here to phpBB2 in the next week or so. If anybody hasn't checked it out, the test updated forum is here.

I hope to get this done sometime this week, but no idea what day- I'll know when I've done another test conversion. When I get around to doing the actual conversion, I'll effectively close the current forum so that no new posts sneak in between when I backup the current data and when I post the new forum. It shouldn't take more than a couple hours when I've worked out the kinks.
Craig J. Quack
Regular Poster

Post by Craig J. Quack »

Yep, the new Forum looks good, but will I have to register all over again since I just joined recently?
Craig J. Quack,
a service of Mallard Industries
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

No- I will be reconverting the database and all current members, topics and posts will be replicated in the new forum. The same username and password you're using now should work in the new forum without needing to re-register.