NY Comic-Con...WOO-HOO!!!

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

NY Comic-Con...WOO-HOO!!!

Post by Rip Tanion »

Finally, a big time comic book convention comes to the Big Town!

I'll be there, babycakes! I have no excuse not to be. All I need to do to get down there is to swipe my Metro-Card.

However, I didn't see the name of the well-traveled Scott McCloud on the guest list. Hmmmm.

Any of you other guys and gals coming to Javits Center later this month? New York ain't as warm as San Diego this time of year, but I'm sure it's a lot more fun.

http://www.nycomiccon.com/
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

I won't be there, but if you show up early, you might get a Making Comics *Mousepad!*
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

Well, I could use a new mousepad. I'm not one to turn down schwag.

Aw, boo, Scott. You should come on over to here NYC. I promise I won't give you the malocchio. :P

OK, so Scott is out. Is anybody else out there a comin'?

I just hope the convention isn't snowed out by the kind of "Noah-Eastah"* we got hit with this weekend. Schlepping from the Bronx to the west side of midtown Manhattan in a blizzard is a royal pain in the tuchas. For any of you out there coming in from out of town, it'll be an imperial one.

* or as we say here, a "Naw-Reasta"
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

NY Comic-Con was a big success, though perhaps not as huge are some are touting (see my post here for a full "Rippy on the Scene" report).

Checked out the Harper-Collins booth which had a poster for Scott's upcoming book, Making Comics (Scott, I do believe you're going gray :wink: ), but no free mouse pads. :cry:
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

OK, boy and girls, the NY Comic Con is back—Feb 23-25. Once again, no sign of Scott on the guest list. But hey, who needs him when you got Stan The Man coming (not to mention Gary Coleman)? :wink:

They promise a much larger space than they had last year. Of course, why they can't take over the whole damn Javits Center is beyond me. If it's good enough for the car show…

Anyway, I already gots my weekend pass. I'll be there. WILL YOU?
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

Scott may be interested to know that his name, along with Understanding Comics , was mentioned during the Steranko lecture. Apparently, Scott uses several slides of Steranko's work during his lectures.

If anyone wants a full report of this year's NYComicCon, let me know, and I'll post it here. This year I made sure not to get furshnikkered the night before, so I was wide awake and fully cognizant of what was going on (unlike last year when I suffered through Sunday with a wicked hangover).