I finally get it!

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

The comic that is currently posted is representing the fact that tomorrow never comes! The comic promises a new one "tomorrow", but everytime that we check back its "today". I finally get it!

I love modern art!

later,
Mr. Sarcastic, who shouldn't poke fun since his site has been down for months

http://www.subatomiccafe.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randy on 2002-01-24 11:24 ]</font>
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Oh, uh... hey! Yeah, that's it!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
cdoc
Regular Poster

Post by cdoc »

As my father said (and I noted last month) "tomorrow never comes". Glad to see you all understand the significance of this home page now.
Knibills
Forum Member

Post by Knibills »

I guess I was reading way too much into this. I have been searching the web in an attempt to find "Morrow". As in, "Tune in to - Morrow". There are Morrow; Ohio, Georgia, Texas and North Carolina. Vic, Bradford, James, Daniel, Michael, Ivan, Meredyth, Tiffanie, Joshua, Simmone, Rob, Norma, Bill, Bruce, Walt, Elisabeth, Cheryl, Chris, Brian, Eric, Jim, Joseph, Kristi, Melinda, Lance, Terry, Marya, Linda, Marty, Viv, Monica, William, Jeff and Glenn to be found during a quick search of the web. I have not concluded which one of these many, if any, is the Morrow to which Greg is referring. I guess I was grasping at straws. :roll:
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

I'd recommend James Morrow. "Towing Jehova" was very good, although I found the follow-up "Blameless in Abadon" to be a bit self-indulgent.

Though I suppose the whole matter is beside the point.

However, if someone could explain the whole "This is not hypothermia" thing to me, I'd really appreciate it. Is this a Magritte reference?
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

Post by Jack Masters »

I just finished reading <i>Towing Jehova</i>! It was very good.
Jason Alderman
Frequent Poster

Post by Jason Alderman »

Yes, the "This is not hypothermia," is a Magritte reference. Actually, it's making fun of Greg's Magritte reference in <a href="http://www.zwol.org/archive.php3?date=2 ... =zwol">the last single-panel, dialogue-free story strip</a> of Zwol. I just figured if Kate had been standing in comics limbo, rain-soaked, for over three months, she'd probably be a little cold by now.

jason
oops. guess if you have to explain the joke, it ain't very funny.
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

Ah, I see! I think this is a case of short memory span -- had I been able to remember the particular panel being referenced, it would have made more sense to me.

I think when Greg does get started again, I'm going to have to reread the entire archive in order to have any sense of what's going on again.

Of course, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I've given thought to a "the story so far" strip.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

Not a bad idea. Of course, with as much back story as there is, a summary strip could still turn out to require a couple of days. You might be better off with just a text summary, so that you can jump right back into the actual story.