FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Change of URL
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Forum Forum
Previous: PostForum Upgraded! Next: PostNew TEST Forum  
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Change of URL Reply with quote

Greg -- I really like the new look of the forum. However, I noticed that the file extension to get here changed from .php3 to just .php, which kills any bookmarks anyone had. The error page that comes up just claims that there's an Internal Server Error. You might want to put up a custom error page, if you can, giving people more information. A lot of folks will probably think you still have the forum down for maintenance, and won't think to cut the URL back to the root.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'm aware of this (already noted in the announcement here) and will have a solution in place today. My first priority was making sure that the data was converted properly and that everything worked as it was. Next I'm going to do some hack-progamming to make everything perfect.

Edit: OK- there are now URL redirects for four pages:

1. index.php3 -> index.php
  2. viewforum.php3 -> viewforum.php
  3. viewtopic.php3 -> viewtopic.php
  4. login.php3 -> login.php

These redirects are smart enough to also forward the category/fourm/topic information so that your old bookmarks will work.

For example: The old format url of http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewtopic.php3?topic=145&14 will be redirected to http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=145 which is the same topic.

If there are any essential links I left out, please reply here.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Forum Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: