Forum Upgraded!

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Forum Upgraded!

Post by Greg Stephens »

This is it- you're seeing it now. It went pretty smoothly and appears to be in good working order. All of your same logins and passwords should function here (mine did) and all of the posts look to have migrated properly. Please let me know if there are any unusual difficulties.

One note: The old URLs used a file extention of "php3" while the new forum is simply "php". I will be creating a page which will interpret the old URL and forward to the proper page, but for the moment, if you have any pages bookmarked here that you need to reference, just take the numer "3" out of the address and it'll work fine.

Another item on the "To Do" list is to change the page titles back so that they reflect the title of the post you are reading. Minor, but a convenient feaure. I'll be getting to this stuff in the next few days, I expect. The big hurdle is behind me now.

Lots of new functionality here, so check it out.
Last edited by Greg Stephens on Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

FYI: To Do list

Post by Greg Stephens »

For anybody interested, here's my To Do list for the forum:
  1. Redirect old pages so that old bookmarks and links work. Done- See this thread.
  2. Make page title the topic title. Done
  3. Make Previous & Next links the topic title and remove link if there is no Previous or Next link. Done (slightly buggy at this point- working on it).
  4. Fix topic review feature to stop it from incrementing the number of pages views each topic has.
  5. Disallow changing of Subject for existing topics. Done- Topic subjects may be edited only if nobody has replied to the thread yet, or by a moderator.
  6. Remove self-referential links (pages that link to themselves).
  7. Clean up template (ongoing project- may never be done. May include new buttons and icons).
  8. Create new "lite" version of template for slower connections (will take some time).
  9. Possibly enable avatars for users.
More to come as I think of them...
Last edited by Greg Stephens on Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.