Writer seeking, you guessed it, Artist

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Skullbearer
Forum Member

Writer seeking, you guessed it, Artist

Post by Skullbearer »

I swore I had an account on here from a couple years back, but I had to register a new one, so anyway...

Currently working on novel for publishing with guidance from an English teacher who specialized in creative writing. Under her suggestion, I decided it might be good to pick up a different story (not the novel) I've been nursing for several years and try to find an artist to collaborate with me on it.

Since most of these 'seeking' posts are extremely vague, I'll add a little bit of detail to separate myself.

History: Originally I started this concept as a joke, about 4-5 years ago, between me and two good friends. We'll call them Bob and Joe for anonymity reasons. Bob is affectionately called 'Anime Bob', because he (currently) has over 35 terabytes (yes, TERA) of downloaded anime, though he's probably seen maybe a fiftieth of it all, it is Bob's mission in life (real life) to have anything and everything available in all formats and definitions for any friends who want to see even the most obscure series.

Joe, Bob, and I were involved in managing a small Community College "Anime Club", utilizing his (legally) downloaded collection as well as DVDs and such. A disclaimer! While the story was originally a joke about the three of us being sucked into a world where all anime ideas coexist, this is no longer the focus! (For one, while I enjoy some anime, I'm extremely critical and in general don't watch that much except when I still hang out with Bob)

So, story originally was, Bob, Joe, and I (renamed of course) were sucked into Bob's TV while watching some anime, and found ourselves in a world where our imagination was the only limitation to what 'powers' or 'abilities' we had (essentially we could switch through and parody various series)

The story NOW

Three friends (not representing the three of us anymore, though vaguely still based off us in terms of some personality and body type characteristics) move into a new apartment together, splitting the cost while they attend University. In a nearby apartment, an experimental physicist is secretly performing an experiment deemed too dangerous to perform. It has to do with creating wormholes, though I never intended to get into strong specifics.

Anyway, you can probably see it coming, experiment works, TOO well, the scientist and an ex-coworker who is trying to talk him out of it are transported out of our universe. They inadvertently create a new universe (where they are transported too) and their souls are wound into its fabric, making them essentially gods.

The effect of the experiment is spherical and expands to include the three main characters, though they find themselves transported into a universe billions of years after its creation (time difference between Earth and the other universe)

Bum bum bum, adventure begins as the two 'gods' are playing out their continuous disagreements through the humans they created in their image, on a crazy world where human will can grant people 'abilities' or 'powers'.

I try and keep the 'powers' reasonable, I have a system worked out for it to keep everything in check. Almost a hundred pages of notes on this story and most of the first 100 comics worth structured out, just waiting for specific storyboarding and scripting.

E-mail skull bearere @ gm ail . co m (no spaces anywhere) for more specific info, and please link your online portfolios! NOT LOOKING FOR ANIME STYLE!!! (I'm pretty sick of gargantuan eyes) Particularly like styles like "Under Lock & Key" (awesome webcomic, free to view), but I've taken my art classes and worked with a lot of cartoonists on small class projects, dealing with a wide range of styles... just to warn you, I don't slack on my writing/editing/scripting, and I don't want a lazy artist.

Not deadline heavy, just as you have time... but sorry, I can't afford any payments, just dividing any profits and paying for the website itself of course, so I'm not expecting anything incredible!
Skullbearer
Forum Member

Post by Skullbearer »

Hate to double post but wanted to make a break from the large post above.

Main characters are basically summed up as:

(Bob) Big Sword Guy who is stuck with the sword (part of his powers he can't change), but hates the cliche of big swords (plus its like 60lbs, you can't wield that realistically!) I love to make up fights for him, since he basically has a lead weight for a weapon and can't really use it. His romantic interest is a buxom were-bunny girl who seems ditzy, but is actually just sheltered.

(Joe) Ninja who later becomes Ninja-Weresquirrel (his insistence, I haven't seen him in years but I just love the way it works with his character). Brooding, self-depreciating, into classic literature. His romantic interest is an exiled Ninja girl who has a furry fetish (but also is dark and brooding and so clicks on many levels)

(Chris for something to provide name reference) Is the 'crazy martial arts guy'. 'Chris' is my character to pick on, as he was originally supposed to be me, so I don't feel bad doing things like breaking the gender line, poking at societal concepts of behavior, and basically making him into an adrenaline jockey who always gets himself (and others) into trouble they can't handle. Ironically he is also the most clear minded of the group, and the pseudo leader (this is based on my actual relationship with my friends), if not the outright leader. He takes responsibility for the group, and the punishment. While he's basically my 'stick it to the man' character, and I abuse him a lot, I use him as the driving force in story progression.

Other reoccurring characters are:

Ninja girl: Because of a similar instance to what got Big Sword Guy stuck with the big sword, she is stuck with a weapon which makes being a Ninja impossible. Exiled and depressed because of it, she latches onto the first thing which makes her feel safe, being Joe's fuzzy exterior. (He's like a giant depressed stuffed squirrel!)

Macho Sword Dude: Like Ninja girl, disrupted by a weapon that hurts his image (a pink sword which grows flowers that allow him to extend his powers in deadly ways) of macho-ness, he believes the answer to being 'cured' of his cursed weapon lies with the group, so they become the target of his wrath. (Pseudo bad guy, basically starts out as the 'I do what I want cause I can kill you' character, with a healthy dose of prejudice and shovanism)

The Bunny Girl: Raised in secret (were-people are hated by nearly all, though they are mostly just normal shape-shifting people... that's normal, right?) by her father, who is killed brutally. The group encounters her first among the mentioned characters, and they become her new family.