Forget it

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

trollface
Forum Member

Forget it

Post by trollface »

Ignore this
Last edited by trollface on Wed May 06, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matthewpeteroneill
Forum Member

Nova Star Hunters

Post by matthewpeteroneill »

WE CAN MAKE YOUR ART SOUND FANTASTIC!

Hehe - I just thought of that. I might try it out on a few artists and see if it works

My brother and I have been working on an audio drama lately called Nova Star Hunters. We're halfway through the first four part series having just published episode 2: The Perilous Terror.

I think this'd make a great animation - so the next step is to find an artist - either for a storyboard or full blown illustration.

We're fairly new to this so there's no pressure, but feel free to drop me a line if you're interested and let me know what you'd need in the way of character breakdowns etc.

There's no money to be made at the moment as the shows are going online as free to stream or download under a creative commons licence, albeit a restrictive one. This really is a labour of love and for the moment we're happy just to be getting the show heard (and hopefully seen!!) by as many people as possible.

I'm just putting the feelers out for any talented people who might like to get on board at an early stage.

You can listen to episodes 1 and 2 at www.novastarhunters.com

I hope you enjoy the show!

All the best and keep up the good work!

Mat O'Neill
Vexation Audio
Skullbearer
Forum Member

Post by Skullbearer »

I've been looking for someone to work on a story I've been adding to and editing for the past three years. A very brief taste of it can be found a few thread down the "Seeking" list here on ZWOL.

If you are interested at all, I was hoping to take the story to an entirely new level by dramatically increasing the depth of individual portions of the story and the character interactions themselves. It will probably be a little bit darker than my thread makes it sound.

Probably more in the style of your first sample (the insect one). My only commentary on your samples are that the light/shadow shading in many of those pieces, particularly the knight second from the bottom, is largely inconsistent with a single light source unless there is a lot of adjacent reflection. It looks pretty cool but so many ovoid patches of light everywhere make any sort of light direction very hard to determine, making the overall image seem to be less detailed.

I like it though, and would love to be your source of practice!

(Love the face of the mohawk guy)