another new CUENTOS up at MODERNTALES

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

another new CUENTOS up at MODERNTALES

Post by catgarza »

plus, many more comics including that rstevens CUENTOS tribute!!!

come, see, now! ;)
cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

d'oh!

Post by catgarza »

heh, oops! thanks greg! still groggy from burning the midnight oil on this last one... :oops:
rcar
Consistant Poster

Post by rcar »

Hey Cat. Love your artwork. It takes forever to load but worth it. How long does it take you to put it together? It would take me longer than a week.
Randy Carboni
www.mermbut.com
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

a long, long time

Post by catgarza »

man, this one took EXTRA long to finish. i uploaded at about 2am this morning. hopefully it won't take me as long this week, but i'm afraid PART TWO of the "la llorona" story is going to be even more technically challenging than this last installment... :)

i've been scripting (yes, i'm actually SCRIPTING with this one!!) about three to four episodes ahead of myself and revising when i start working on the final strip. i usually rest on monday or do a little scripting. drawing most of the week and compiling photos (which i retouch little by little all week long). saturday and sunday are finalizing days (since i don't work during the weekend). best case scenario, everything's done on saturday during the day so i can knock off saturday night/sunday. there's a little room for time crunch and procrastination that way... ;)

i wish i could do something about the load times for these strips, but there's so much color work going on, it's nearly impossible and i don't want to sacrifice design and image quality (which is already compromised with the use of gif's!!) any more than i have to.

i was hoping to add a little animation to this one, but ran into a time crunch and difficulties making the colors animate properly. next time, i suppose...

glad you liked the strip!!

i'll be uploading all the CUENTOS "extras" very very soon. i'd like to get it done this week, but we'll see...
J. W. Cornelius
Forum Member

Post by J. W. Cornelius »

You really work hard, Cat.
If I can't finish something in an hour, it generally takes me a few months to actually do it!
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

Post by Jack Masters »

Same here!
<a href="Http://CastleZZT.net/">House of Stairs</a>
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

one hour development

Post by catgarza »

i'm just learning how to pack more into one hour ;)

actually, i work pretty fast. even with traditional methods. it's just a matter of being on my game. some of my friends take five hours to pencil and ink a page of traditional print comics (on 11x17 board). i can usually do it in an hour or so.

i can crank out some pretty horrendous shit in an hour, but if all the conditions are right, i can whip up something good sometimes...

this strip took about four to six solid hours i'd say (scripting, scanning, photomanipulation, drawing, scanning again, finishing), which is more than i usually spend on stuff, but at least i'm now taking a little more time and TRYING to produce quality work!! :)

there's just not enough hours in a day...
Bob Stevenson
Regular Poster

Post by Bob Stevenson »

OK, you win. I've been lazy about subscribing to Moderntales but now I've gone and missed your update while I was out hiking. Thanks for some great work. My $30 is on the way.

Bob Stevenson
Journeyintohistory.com
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

Post by catgarza »

just for that, you get Image
Last edited by catgarza on Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Cat, that pretty much rocks.

On another note: Based on your screenshot, I see you're using Netscape 6. If you really like that, you should consider using the latest version of Mozilla, which is MUCH less buggy and has many more features (tabbed browsing, mouse gestures). In fact, I'm using it now and I love it.
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

heh

Post by catgarza »

thanks greg! yeah, i'm pretty frustrated already with netscape 6. it really SUX! i'll prolly download it from work tomorrow (faster connection there...) and install it on both my 'puters.

glad you like! :)
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

More Browser stuff

Post by Greg Stephens »

I'd been using Mozilla for a while now and was running 0.9.8 when I wrote that. I just downloaded the new 0.9.9 version and it's even better. The weird bug that seems to occur when typing in forms (like you do when, say, posting messages here) has gone away and the F11 full-screen mode is much improved.