FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
another new CUENTOS up at MODERNTALES
Previous: PostHYPE: Progressions 5 available now! Next: PostHYPE: Daily at Mermbut  
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: another new CUENTOS up at MODERNTALES Reply with quote

plus, many more comics including that rstevens CUENTOS tribute!!!

come, see, now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that URL is http://www.moderntales.com
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: d'oh! Reply with quote

heh, oops! thanks greg! still groggy from burning the midnight oil on this last one...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rcar
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cat. Love your artwork. It takes forever to load but worth it. How long does it take you to put it together? It would take me longer than a week.
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: a long, long time Reply with quote

man, this one took EXTRA long to finish. i uploaded at about 2am this morning. hopefully it won't take me as long this week, but i'm afraid PART TWO of the "la llorona" story is going to be even more technically challenging than this last installment...

i've been scripting (yes, i'm actually SCRIPTING with this one!!) about three to four episodes ahead of myself and revising when i start working on the final strip. i usually rest on monday or do a little scripting. drawing most of the week and compiling photos (which i retouch little by little all week long). saturday and sunday are finalizing days (since i don't work during the weekend). best case scenario, everything's done on saturday during the day so i can knock off saturday night/sunday. there's a little room for time crunch and procrastination that way...

i wish i could do something about the load times for these strips, but there's so much color work going on, it's nearly impossible and i don't want to sacrifice design and image quality (which is already compromised with the use of gif's!!) any more than i have to.

i was hoping to add a little animation to this one, but ran into a time crunch and difficulties making the colors animate properly. next time, i suppose...

glad you liked the strip!!

i'll be uploading all the CUENTOS "extras" very very soon. i'd like to get it done this week, but we'll see...
J. W. Cornelius
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really work hard, Cat.
If I can't finish something in an hour, it generally takes me a few months to actually do it!
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here!
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: one hour development Reply with quote

i'm just learning how to pack more into one hour

actually, i work pretty fast. even with traditional methods. it's just a matter of being on my game. some of my friends take five hours to pencil and ink a page of traditional print comics (on 11x17 board). i can usually do it in an hour or so.

i can crank out some pretty horrendous shit in an hour, but if all the conditions are right, i can whip up something good sometimes...

this strip took about four to six solid hours i'd say (scripting, scanning, photomanipulation, drawing, scanning again, finishing), which is more than i usually spend on stuff, but at least i'm now taking a little more time and TRYING to produce quality work!!

there's just not enough hours in a day...
Bob Stevenson
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you win. I've been lazy about subscribing to Moderntales but now I've gone and missed your update while I was out hiking. Thanks for some great work. My $30 is on the way.

Bob Stevenson
[url]Journeyintohistory.com[/url]
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for that, you get

Last edited by catgarza on Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat, that pretty much rocks.

On another note: Based on your screenshot, I see you're using Netscape 6. If you really like that, you should consider using the latest version of Mozilla, which is MUCH less buggy and has many more features (tabbed browsing, mouse gestures). In fact, I'm using it now and I love it.
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: heh Reply with quote

thanks greg! yeah, i'm pretty frustrated already with netscape 6. it really SUX! i'll prolly download it from work tomorrow (faster connection there...) and install it on both my 'puters.

glad you like!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: More Browser stuff Reply with quote

I'd been using Mozilla for a while now and was running 0.9.8 when I wrote that. I just downloaded the new 0.9.9 version and it's even better. The weird bug that seems to occur when typing in forms (like you do when, say, posting messages here) has gone away and the F11 full-screen mode is much improved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Hype! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: