Writer looking for artist

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Drakol
Forum Member

Writer looking for artist

Post by Drakol »

Creative and weird writer looking for an artist to bring his stories to life! If you can't pulsate electricity, I suppose just being able to draw will do :)

What I need is someone who can understand the worlds and characters that I create, and then draw it all out via electronically or by pen. I want to do a web comic series, but not have each one of the stories last for a long time. Every story has an ending, just depends on how it ends. Right now, I gather my thoughts and inspirations on my Wordpress blog: http://mcvinneyeric.wordpress.com/

I have mainly the fan fiction there, but more of my original shtuff will be posted there as they come to mind. As for payment, I can pay the artist if he\she were able to also create a website for said web comic series! But the art put into the series would have to wait until we can get some advertising done and money rolling in from it. I can only pay through PayPal.

As for the type of artist, well... I'm pretty much open to various kinds.
JPascal
Forum Member

Post by JPascal »

Sounds like a great idea. I am looking to do some creative work from scratch. More specifically something other than the usual super-hero/villain stuff. I am interested in hearing more about your project for the sole sake of doing some art work. My main motivation at this point is to gain exposure, getting paid is nice too, but I'm not above doing something for minimal compensation (meaning exposure) if I think something has potential for both above stated purpose and for the book to take off.

Okay, if you followed all that I applaud you. But the short of the long is I am interested in working with you. I also may have a solution to "publishing" your comic via the web. I will tell you upfront that I do things very traditionally, meaning I still pencil and ink almost everything. Scanners are a great tool for any serious artist...Unless I can achieve great quality without it or the project calls for a different approach. For example art work without lines or if trying to achieve a painterly effect. Okay, I'm babbling now.

So, if you are serious and ambitious then consider bringing me on. If you would like to discuss more sensitive matters of the project please email me at
jr330609@ohio.edu

Hope to hear from you soon.
Drakol
Forum Member

Post by Drakol »

Sounds good, but do you have a portfolio site where I can see samples of your work?
angelmichael
Forum Member

re: seeking comic artist/ writers

Post by angelmichael »

I've got my web comic here:

http://komodo-comic.blogspot.com/

i would love to draw your script into
beatifull comics in BW or Colour, just
email me here: michael.gumelar@gmail.com