Colorist-letterer OR All-in-one Artist needed!

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

specmysticon
Forum Member

Colorist-letterer OR All-in-one Artist needed!

Post by specmysticon »

I’m looking for a collaborator to work as colorist-letterer (Yes, you’ll need to do both the colors and letter the pages) OR All-in-one artist (pencilling, inking, colors, and lettering).

This is a NON-PAYING gig, but dependent on the deal from the publisher, you would get a profit share on the back end (in other words, when it sells). This project needs an artist who would be willing to put in some initial unpaid work. This would be perfect for someone looking to break into the industry, but has more than one year’s worth of samples.

I’m trying to keep the creative team small.

So, Option A would be me (the writer), the penciller who does tight pencils, and a colorist-letterer (you). That’s a three-way profit split instead of the five-way or even six-way split.

Option B would be me (writer) and you (the penciller-inker-colorist-letterer) splitting the profits. That’s a two-way split.

If we wound up working together, I would need initially the first 6 to 8 fully completed pages from you to include in the pitch I want to submit digitally to American and UK publisher(s).

I’ll be done writing the full script of all three/four issues by August 2010 (rewriting and editing). The plotting has already been completed (I know how it starts and ends). The script for the first issue is done.

Format: Three to Four issue limited series (66 to 88 pages in total).

Genre: Superhero with elements of Science Fiction and Mystery

Status: No publisher yet, but I have a list of seven who might be interested, according my research.

Those who are interested, please a link to your online gallery (DeviantArt, etc.) to specmysticon@yahoo.com with “Colorist-letterer” OR “All-in-one Artist” in the subject of your email.

I will try to respond within three weeks. Thank you in advance for your interest.