Looking for artist/collaborator for comic series proposal

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

womph
Forum Member

Looking for artist/collaborator for comic series proposal

Post by womph »

Hello,

I am looking for a hardworking, dedicated and talented individual to collaborate on one or both of two comic series proposals that I wish to send to publishers.

Series one premise, "The End"-

A group of four astronauts are to be the first to travel outside our galaxy and to Andromeda. Space travel has advanced to the point that the trip may be made in 50 years, each way. Because of the long amount of time, astronauts are placed in cryogenic sleep for the duration of the trip, so they may be viable and not die/go insane. After the 50 years asleep, the group wakes up, overjoyed. They attempt to contact NASA command, but to no avail- no communication with earth is possible. Foregoing the mission, they go back under, and travel back to earth. As they wake up just outside the earth’s atmosphere, assorted scars can be seen on the planet. Coming closer and streaking over the skies, various disasters can be seen on the earth. They manage to land, crashing in a river. Escaping the damaged and sinking craft, the four make it ashore to find a world ravaged and covered in corpses and destruction. After extensive searching, they are unable to find any signs of human life. Making it to the home of one of the astronauts, they find a disc that her sister (a journalist) had left for her, chronicling the last days of the earth; the murders, unrest, disasters and plagues that ultimately lead to the demise of the entire human race. This is a story that documents the end of the human race, throughout the span of 100 years. Stories are told through flashback sequences in the past,and alluded to by clues in the present day of the book. Over the course of the series, it is revealed that the end of the world is more or less instigated by one man, who incites Armageddon because of fundamentalist views pushed upon him from birth by an insane mother, who in turn warps her son.

Series two premise, "Zombi":

The story of a New York City police detective who is afflicted with “Congenital Insensitivity to Pain from Anhidrosis”, a disease in which those afflicted feel no pain, nor hot or cold. He is, for all intents and purposes, a living zombie. Two other diseases in this world have mythological equivalents as well: prophyria – the vampire disease, and hypertrichosis – the werewolf disease. The former is categorized by a severe aversion to sunlight, the latter extreme growth of unwanted hair. After being traumatized by the murder of his mother by those ignorant to her prophyria , the “VILLAIN” has discovered that within each person afflicted with any of these disorders lies “the marker”- which through genetic manipulation causes persons thereto diseased to transform into their mythological counterparts: zombies, vampires and werewolves, respectively. In order to punish the human race who murdered his mother and shuns anything the least bit outside the norm, the “VILLAIN” is gathering these now super powered mythological creatures and training them in the art of war and destruction, as to bring suffering to the human race. The U.S government, having learned of the plot, is amassing a task force of extremely capable individuals to combat the threat: into which the main character is inducted in the first arc. Essentially, it is a story with thematic elements spanning exclusion, overcoming extreme adversity and transforming a disadvantage into an advantage. As all three of these disorders do exist in the real world, there is a parallel analogy to be made here. As well, you get to draw a lot of zombies, werewolves and vampires.

My main influences are Brian K. Vaughn, Garth Ennis, Neil Gaiman, and Mike Carey, and my writing stylistically reflects this. A full first issue script exists for "Zombi", as well as character descriptions and plot points. "The End" has no completed script, just plot points and character descriptions.

Both of these ideas have been copywritten in my name, so please, no theft.

Should collaborating on either of these ideas appeal to you, please contact me at womph@hotmail.com with a link to some of your work.

Thanks for your time.
rupam
Forum Member

:)

Post by rupam »

"..both of these ideas are copywritten under my name..."

Brother, Copyright DOES NOT PROTECT Ideas and Concepts. You may express it in writing and claim copyright in your description but Be Aware copyright does not protect the idea itself as revealed in your work. A need to know info. Lol. :) because in your case you don't even have (one) idea scripted, so it's a risky play.

Anyways, I'm wondering if you are willing to pay the artist for his time and hardwork, by any chance.. Lol.
womph
Forum Member

Post by womph »

I am aware you cannot copywrite ideas as such, but I can copywrite the scripts (of which there are two) as well as character designs and plot outlines (which there are several).

And yes, I am willing to pay the artist- I am not able to pay insane rates or anything, but monetary restitution for work depending on the calibre of the work is intended.
rupam
Forum Member

:)

Post by rupam »

It's good that you know it..LOL. :D
well, talking about Insane Rates, it's somewhat a relative thing.. And when you say Depending on the Calibre.. Then there are chances of this Insane thing, as it's always different with different artists.

However, what kind of style you're looking for? I may be interested.
Just let me know. Thanks.
~rupam
womph
Forum Member

Post by womph »

well, which one are you interested in?

Stylistically, I'm pretty open minded, I don't want to pin it down too much. Do you have samples of your work online?
rupam
Forum Member

Post by rupam »

Well, interested in both.. Lol. My style is dark realistic, so i think I'm more interested in the Zombie stuff.. :)
yeah I do have some work online, but it's not very much updated. However, feel free to check out my deviantart gallery folders: www.koodakabaadaaa.deviantart.com/gallery/

if interested, shoot me.. an email.. LOL.. at: are[.]you[.]pam[@]gmail[.]com
to discuss further things.. :)
cheers!
spaceboy
Forum Member

artist

Post by spaceboy »

Hello, I would love to work with you on your project(s). I am a freelance comic artist and painter. I love your two story ideas, Then End and Zombi, they sound like two of my favorite kinds of stories. I love science fiction and monster movies, I would love the chance to work on one or both of these stories. Check out some of my work and if you think I would be good for what you want let me know.
www.Leebordonsmith.daportfolio.com and
www.Leebordonsmith.com

Thank you for your time and consideration.

LeeSmith
art axxis
Forum Member

Post by art axxis »

a sample of some of my works are found in my blog, below:

http://artaxxis.blogspot.com/

I'm sure we can work something out.

you can send a private message to me and we can take it further