FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
What is standard comic book size?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> (Web)Comics Theory: ART
Previous: PostWebcomic art styles: Old school vs New... Next: PostAttention all Manga Artists.  
FaithFt
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: What is standard comic book size? Reply with quote

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm writer, not an artist, and very new to comics at that. I have a project going on and I need to know what standard comic book size is. When I asked what size something has to be that's what the guy answered twice. I'm having trouble finding out what exactly 'standard size' is.

I found a lot of places that said it was 17 x 26 cm (6 ⅝" 10 "). However then I found this website
http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?40250-Standard-comic-book-size
And that seems to be saying something completely different.

I would be really really greatful if someone could help me out here.

Also, how much space is standard to leave blanke around the edges?

And while I'm at it and asking questions, who normally draws the speech bubbles, the artist or the letterer?
ld-airgrafix
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard American size is 10"x15" full bleed size (all your art goes here) 11x17 is the page size.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> (Web)Comics Theory: ART All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: