Who the heck is Morrie Duncan??

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

fredirc
Regular Poster

Who the heck is Morrie Duncan??

Post by fredirc »

I ask cause I want to.
David Schumacher
Creative Masochist
http://atp.cx
T Campbell

Morrie Duncan

Post by T Campbell »

A fictional author of a comic strip.
T Campbell

No, Wait, Silly Me!

Post by T Campbell »

That's Morrie DUGAN.

Morrie DUNCAN is the guy in HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE with the armor designed to recycle rainwater. Morrie is his real first name, but he's kind of embarrassed about it.

Incidentally, try searching for "Morrie Dugan" on Google. Something interesting happens.
nihon
Forum Member

Post by nihon »

No Matches Found...

And if I search for "Morrie" and "Dugan", 161 results, in which I don't get it.
GG
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

nihon wrote:No Matches Found...

And if I search for "Morrie" and "Dugan", 161 results, in which I don't get it.
GG
Yeah, I get the same results. Namely, nothing in particular. What was the interesting thing that happened for you, T Campbell?
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Morrie Dugan on Google

Post by Rip Tanion »

Incidentally, try searching for "Morrie Dugan" on Google. Something interesting happens.
When I tried, it gave me result for "Morrie Duggan" (two Gs) instead. At first, I thought I had made a typo entering the name, but I tried again and the same results came up.
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
T Campbell

Well...

Post by T Campbell »

What I found interesting was that Google "corrected my spelling" for "Morrie Dugan." I never much cared for spell-checkers; they tend to remind me of uptight English teachers who don't understand that there might be a good REASON to use the word "scootch" instead of "scoot..."
GlenSS
Forum Member

Google

Post by GlenSS »

If you search for "Morrie Dugan" google will in fact tell you there are 0 entries. However, it immediately tells you that there are 35 pages for "Morrie Duggan" and here they are.

Note that the quotes are part of my searches.