Writer seeking artist for Fantasy Steampunk Comic

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kat_Rose
Forum Member

Writer seeking artist for Fantasy Steampunk Comic

Post by Kat_Rose »

Hello there!

My name is Kathryn. For about a year now I've been putting my heart and soul into a comic book idea that I feel is getting to the stages of actually becoming something more than notes jotted down on paper and a million details running through my over active mind.

It's a story about 4 men and 4 women who are hired on by a librarian called The Keeper. He was once one of 26 Keepers who protected the books of the library. The reason they needed to be protected is because each book holds a real world. Characters like Alice from Alice in Wonderland and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are real in their own worlds. A Keeper can enter these worlds, but no one else must ever do so. If they were to ruin the story, kill the characters, or destroy the world entirely the world inside the book would cease to exist. With each book destroyed a piece of our world would follow until there was nothing left.

The Keeper is the last surviving Keeper because 200 years ago his brother, with the help of 3 other Keepers, turned on the rest of them and they were massacred by the traitors. Having thought his brother, and his followers were caught and killed, he figured he was safe there in the library alone, until one night a reoccurring dream takes a twist. After reliving that horrible night he watches a man enter a book and hears it clatter to the floor. That same noise wakes him from his dream and he realizes that a Keeper's worst nightmare is coming to life.

So with the help of these 8 "heroes" he tries to stop his brother and his followers from destroying these books before there's nothing left to save.

I don't want to give too much more of if away, but you probably get the idea.

At this time I'm just looking for someone to collaborate with. I do have every intention of completing this and attempting to get it published and would be more than willing to give equal rights to the comic to whoever illustrates it. This isn't going to be a one shot comic book. It will be a series.

This is why I am asking someone to first illustrate my characters for me. There are 13 in all. If the collaboration goes well I would love to continue the project with this person.

At this time I can't pay anyone to illustrate for me. I would probably only be able to offer back end payment until further notice. So please keep this in mind before contacting me for the job. I apologize for the inconvenience. I know how hard it is to find good paid work. I promise, though, that working with me won't be a disappointment. I'm dedicated and passionate.

If you have any questions you can message me here (and hopefully I'll get an e-mail that tells me you've left me a message)
or you can e-mail me directly at just_a_dreamer1031@live.com

Please include a link to or pictures of your work in the e-mail/message or in the comments below.

Best Wishes!
Last edited by Kat_Rose on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

feedback

Post by Ruyei »

Great presentation! Not a story that suits me but I'm sure it'll suit someone else, you represented your story well and I'm sure you'll get some artists knocking on your e-mail

Sincerely,
Ruyei
Kat_Rose
Forum Member

Re: feedback

Post by Kat_Rose »

Ruyei wrote:Great presentation! Not a story that suits me but I'm sure it'll suit someone else, you represented your story well and I'm sure you'll get some artists knocking on your e-mail

Sincerely,
Ruyei
Thank you! I wanted to be thorough and am glad it's been well received! :)

I have gotten a few e-mails but the job is still open as of right now.
diegolopez
Regular Poster

Penciller, inker, colorist and letterer.

Post by diegolopez »

Hello:
My sister and I are professional comic artists; here are some samples of our work:
http://diegolopezmata.daportfolio.com/
http://diegolopezmata.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.comicslopezmata.blogspot.mx/
http://www.casalopezmata.blogspot.mx/
I also sent you an e-mail with my info.
Best regards:
Diego.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

a warning

Post by Ruyei »

Just something you should be aware of, you're probably going to get a lot of people looking for paid work. If you're not willing to pay you should make that known.

-Ruyei
Kat_Rose
Forum Member

Re: a warning

Post by Kat_Rose »

Ruyei wrote:Just something you should be aware of, you're probably going to get a lot of people looking for paid work. If you're not willing to pay you should make that known.

-Ruyei
Thank you. I edited my pitch. I know it'll be hard to find someone willing to work for free for now, but I'm sure if it's meant to happen the right person will come along eventually. :)
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

advice

Post by Ruyei »

Try DigitalWebbing's forums too. I always go to Zwol first but digital webbing has always helped me generate interest.

-Ruyei
Kat_Rose
Forum Member

Re: advice

Post by Kat_Rose »

Ruyei wrote:Try DigitalWebbing's forums too. I always go to Zwol first but digital webbing has always helped me generate interest.

-Ruyei
Thank you so much for all of your advice. I registered for DigitalWebbing's forums as well and will be posting my job there too. :)