Poll, Poll, Poll....

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

Thomas
Frequent Poster

Poll, Poll, Poll....

Post by Thomas »

Hey,

Well I saw LOTR and SWII and still I think LOTR kicks the SW trilogies asses. My friends and I have had debate after debate on this matter so I posted a poll at www.gutterflycomix.com asking the fans what they like so we can end this ceaseless debate once and for all so go on over and vote and let you voice be heard.
Thanks,
Thomas Clemmons
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Oh, this is a subject near and dear to my heart for the simple reason that I love both of these things. I love Star Wars such that even if I thought the prequels were bad movies (which I don't, by the way), I'd love 'em anyhow. On the other hand, I first read Lord of the Rings when I was twelve and enjoyed the first movie so much that one of my first thoughts was "This is what Episode I should have been like!" Not that I would really want to change a thing about Star Wars.

So I voted for LotR in your poll because it was behind and I think they should be running 50/50.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
sandy carruthers
Regular Poster

Post by sandy carruthers »

Hey, gutterfly! I voted for LOTR, though SWII is a vast improvement from I. It renewed my love for the Star Wars movie.
On another note: Your music choice on your website kicks ass! As I write this I have your page open, and am enjoying the music immensely.
Excellent choice! My next question is: who is it? Bravo!
Thomas
Frequent Poster

Thanx Sandy...

Post by Thomas »

Sandy,

The music you hear on the page with the guy with his tounge sticking out and the page that holds the info about the comic are ripped from the soundtrack of The Crow (the first movie) its the intrumental soundtrack, I say this because two were made--one instrumental and the other with songs from bands featured in the movie--I have both and they both kick ass!

As for all the other music you hear anywhere else on the site Gary Burch wrote and recorded all of it. If you go to the site and go to emuzik you will find links to all his other music as well--he too kicks ass!

Again thanx for voting (both of you Sandy and Greg) and thanx for the compliments on the music. At the end of June new music will be up as well as some new graphics and preview art for the first episode of the comic so come on back.

Thanx,
Thanks,
Thomas Clemmons
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

LotR is the best made movie ever!

NOT because it is the best movie experience evr, but because...

a) Special effect are there to tell a story, that's it.

b) Special effects are NOT in-your-face, and let you believe things you would have trouble with otherwise (they make hobbits believable, even though they're so small and NOT at all like dwarfs; I can't wait to see how they tackled the complex characters of the Ents)

c) The story was and is difficult to tell in a movie, but they did it. They left out much, but still it is complete and as true to the book as they could go.

d) It's LON, but it sure ain't boring

e) There's some fine acting

f) Never before was there a trilogy shot at one big filming! The actors devoted a part of their lives AT ONCE! This kind of enthusiasm is what made the first SW trilogy so great!

g) Peter Jackson IS a genius. He made some B-movies, then suddenly wrote and directed "BRAINDEAD", and wrote Gore Comedy History (go and rent it: it's a classic and you'll puke your heart out and laugh your head off), then made the intimate and VERY original "Heavenly Creatures", tackled Hollywood with "the Frighteners" (Horror Comedy again, but much more mainstream, this time)....and then makes something even James "Titanic" Cameron would be afraid of, risking the wrath of thousands of fans, with a monster budget, monster conditions,.....and he PULLS IT OFF!

h) Damn Peter Jackson! It's only his 5th Movie goddammit.

i) I felt really uneasy when Gandalf Died. EVEN knowing he had survived!

j) He gave a face to "orks" but didn't copy the ole' Role Playing figurines.

k) With only one movie, people are already comparing it to Star Wars!

l) ...and Damn, that Tolkien sure knew how to write a strory! (And he started writing it almost 90 years ago!)

........ok, I know, SW is great, but I have to admit Lucas spoilt it a little, because SW WAS the seventies/eighties SciFi! And it seems a little awkward to me. We'll have to wait for the end of both trilogie, but if Jackson and Lucas keep their levels... it'll be....

LotR 50%
SW(IV,V,VI) 35%
SW (I,II,III) 15%

P.S.: corrected Steve Jackson into Peter Jackson -- my mistake :oops:
Last edited by InkAddict on Fri May 24, 2002 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Peter Jackson, not Steve Jackson.

Other than that, there's nothing to argue about- Not that I totally agree, but there's just nothing to argue about! :)
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.