Shades of December Issue 10, Now Online!

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Shades of December Issue 10, Now Online!

Post by Alexander D. »

After a considerable hiatus, I am very happy to announce that the very first online issue of Shades of December is now available for your reading pleasure, at www.shadesofdecember.com. We are now seeking comics for the Fall issue – please see our Web site for submission guidelines.

Featured in this issue:

Comics:
Andrew Helms, "Photographs of Melancholy Girls"
Steven Withrow and Mark Matlock, "Wireless"

Comics Commentary
Max Leibman, "For Mature Readers: The Unique Power of Adult Content in Cartoons"
"'Cartoons are for children,' one might reflect... However, these prejudices lie in stark contrast to the range of materials dealt with in cartoon form, and when the revelation comes suddenly, the reaction is violent and potent. Sex and violence in cartoon forms move and polarize us like few other types of content can, and to extents that they rarely do in other styles or media."

Poetry:
Barry Ballard, Thomas Robert Barnes, Gaylord Brewar, Robert Cooperman, Justin Evans, Taylor Graham, James Grinwis, Ruth Holzer, Wendy LaTulippe, Duane Locke, Giovanni Malito, Vera Schwarcz, Mark Widershien, and Pearl Mary Wilshaw.

Fiction:
Leigh Kirkland, Dave Morgan, and Larry Rubenstein.

From the Desk of Mr. Sol
Justin Solonyka, "Magic"
"...on this night, an assumption that is a tenet of all writers' belief systems has been proven true: words have power. For even just a few seconds, seven pre-teenagers were transformed by that power. We all felt it, shared it, knew it was real. It was the kind of moment that 7th grade teachers live for."

To be added to our e-mail newslist, send an e-mail to newslist@shadesofdecember.com.
AshtonJudkins
Forum Member

Post by AshtonJudkins »

Oh amazing! Great hype has been created on social and electronic media as well about the shades of December since i check grademiners reviews to manage thesis work. I heard from somewhere about some issues that are suffering by this season. Can someone tell me.