Looking for artist to collaborate on on-going comic book

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

ItMattersNot
Forum Member

Looking for artist to collaborate on on-going comic book

Post by ItMattersNot »

As stated, I'm looking for an actual co-creator who will ink the first issue which will be sent to a publisher. I'm not looking for a one-shot, I'm looking for an artist to work with from beginning to end(30 issues roughly)once the series gets picked up. In case it does not, I can pay you 250 USD for your work(Cover art plus 22 pages)as a way of thanking you for your time.

I live in Australia, but I'm looking for a publisher in the USA. If you live in either country and are willing to travel then I see no reason why we cant work together.

If you are interested, send me a link to your art and a way to discuss any details about this project.

winglesstail@hotmail.co.uk
henrypardo
Consistant Poster

Re: Looking for artist to collaborate on on-going comic book

Post by henrypardo »

email sent
ItMattersNot wrote:As stated, I'm looking for an actual co-creator who will ink the first issue which will be sent to a publisher. I'm not looking for a one-shot, I'm looking for an artist to work with from beginning to end(30 issues roughly)once the series gets picked up. In case it does not, I can pay you 250 USD for your work(Cover art plus 22 pages)as a way of thanking you for your time.

I live in Australia, but I'm looking for a publisher in the USA. If you live in either country and are willing to travel then I see no reason why we cant work together.

If you are interested, send me a link to your art and a way to discuss any details about this project.

winglesstail@hotmail.co.uk
ItMattersNot
Forum Member

Post by ItMattersNot »

bump
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Advice

Post by Ruyei »

Hey Itmattersnot...one problem. You are offering close to $12 dollars per page to draw your comic. This is not anywhere close to proper compensation, and thus you will have quality issues with those who do apply. To give you an example, $50 a page for black and white (often without lettering) is the standard, with $80-100 for colored and lettered. It is nice that you at least offer some money, but realize that art requires many man hours and even under 50$ a page it is still not a lot of compensation compared to a full time job. It is not for the artists that I recommend you save up a little more money, but for the quality of your project. Even foreigners, for whom the American dollar is worth more, will not usually go below $20 a page, and for the price you are offering corners will most certainly be cut.

Sincerely,
Robert Finch
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: Advice

Post by noonecomics »

Ruyei wrote:Hey Itmattersnot...one problem. You are offering close to $12 dollars per page to draw your comic. This is not anywhere close to proper compensation, and thus you will have quality issues with those who do apply. To give you an example, $50 a page for black and white (often without lettering) is the standard, with $80-100 for colored and lettered. It is nice that you at least offer some money, but realize that art requires many man hours and even under 50$ a page it is still not a lot of compensation compared to a full time job. It is not for the artists that I recommend you save up a little more money, but for the quality of your project. Even foreigners, for whom the American dollar is worth more, will not usually go below $20 a page, and for the price you are offering corners will most certainly be cut.

Sincerely,
Robert Finch
x2
...and you should check my offer in another forum post im just about $22 dollars a page, quite a bargain.
ItMattersNot
Forum Member

Post by ItMattersNot »

Hey Itmattersnot...one problem. You are offering close to $12 dollars per page to draw your comic. This is not anywhere close to proper compensation, and thus you will have quality issues with those who do apply. To give you an example, $50 a page for black and white (often without lettering) is the standard, with $80-100 for colored and lettered. It is nice that you at least offer some money, but realize that art requires many man hours and even under 50$ a page it is still not a lot of compensation compared to a full time job. It is not for the artists that I recommend you save up a little more money, but for the quality of your project. Even foreigners, for whom the American dollar is worth more, will not usually go below $20 a page, and for the price you are offering corners will most certainly be cut.

Sincerely,
Robert Finch[/list]
The money I'm giving is not compensation for their work as you well know its worth much more than that. Its just an appreciation for someone taking a chance with me. I'm probably looking for artists that already have a source of income and drawing is something they want to do professionally full-time if they are published(like myself since I'm not a paid writer). I am trying to leave my low-wage job and move on to better things. I'm sorry if you feel your being cheated.