Caseys new Comic!

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

reinx
Regular Poster

Caseys new Comic!

Post by reinx »

Hi guys, I've got a comic up.
Check it out, tell me what you think, constructive or not :)
http://www.partypad.net/lanternlight/comic3.html

inspired by Cy Twombly.

thanks!
Casey
nothing.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

Post by japanimationfist »

Wow! I love the look of the comic. What are you using for that "paint" effect. It really works, and it does wonders with the layering. I particularly like the fact that there is very little identifiable text in the strip, while at the same test appears to be a major theme (and even the background image in some instances). Well done, and very interesting. Do you have any mor elike this?
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
reinx
Regular Poster

Post by reinx »

I'm not sure exactly which "paint" effect you are talking about, but everything was done using the brush tool (of many shapes and sizes) and a tablet (and the text tool). thanks for responding!!! everyone else should follow suit :)
nothing.
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

Here is my review:
I liked comic #3. (which by the way is not linked to your index page). It was well thought out. I like the one panel = many panels feel. The languages, artistic vs. computer, was very nicely done. The art was really good. It kind of reminds me of Dave McKean's "Cages" except more simplified and larger canvas for the web. Altogether a remarkable peice.

Comics #1 and #2 were not as good. The art was not at the same quality. The stories are cute, true, although not too original. Sorry for that sounding harsh, but don't worry, somebody gave me exactly the same review on my comic while I am getting a start. I think you are on the right track with #3. Keep up the good work.
reinx
Regular Poster

Post by reinx »

:D
hahaha yeah, I deserved that
thanks though!
-casey
ps. comics 1 and 2 (as mentioned on the previous page) were 1 hour comics, so understandably worse
nothing.